KTUL Closing Down??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ota cheapo antenna here in Claremore and get 2, 6 and 8 fine. Plus 20 some
others. Most of them are worthless. The internet is the way to go for tv these days.
OTA's days are probably numbered. Takes a lot of power to run them, whereas
internet a lot cheaper.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Claremore, Oklahoma and grew up watching KTUL channel 8. Bob Hower, Don Woods (and Gusty) doing the weather and Chris Lincoln with sports.

I remember TV shows like Uncle Zeb's Cartoon Camp. My cousin was there once and got to cross the bridge and say hello to everyone. If you know, you know.

Then of course, who could forget, the Dr. Mazeppa Pompazoidi's Uncanny Film Festival and Camp Meeting. It was actually pre Saturday Night Live, and very low budget, but I loved it.

Then, on Friday nights, sometimes my dad (if he was off work) would let me stay up late with him and watch the Plenty Scary Movie at 11:30, right after Star Trek which was my favorite TV show back in the day.

Dad was an avid scary/horror movie fan up until the day he died. He "liked" the Jason and Freddy slasher films well enough, but the old Bella Lugosi and Lon Chaney, Jr. classic B&W monster movies were his favorite.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People watch news?

Fixed it for ya'.
I’ve not in years. I’m not home or asleep during the times it’s on. I also have handy devices where I can read really quickly from different sources, to cancel out the noise, and then research the stories.

Then, I can get on osa to see what I need my tinfoil hat for, and what windmills to fight.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all Tulsa kids here anything about this?? Since this is 3 days old I'm kinda surprised y'all having been bitching about being merged into the OKC market?? 🤷😉

From what I have bee able to find, there are seven corporations that OWN all the media outlets in this country, including most, if not all the local media outlets! All these are public corporations, controlled by a board of directors, chosen from a voters of the stock holders!! The more stocks you own, the more votes you get! All it takes to have the majority of stocks is MONEY!! Communist China is the worlds number two economic power, snapping at the heels of number one, the USA! This is totally due to the civilized nations buying Communist China's counterfeit JUNK, made with slave labor! The Communist P{arty get the mob net, not the poor people! How a hard would it be for them to buy a controlling interest in stocks in one, or all these American media corporations, under fictitious names, control the board of directors, and EVERYTHING WE ARE ALLOWED TO SEE, HEAR, AND THINK?? THESE COMMUNIST WOULD DO THAT, FOR WORLD POWER, WOULD THEY?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While the studios are on Lookout Mtn, the transmitter is out east of town near Coweta, and just north of the turnpike. I think TU's NPR station is on their tower, and I don't remember what other radio stations may be there too.
I can tell you three amateur radio repeater antennas are on the tower at Lookout Mountain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom