Largest Wind Farm Built At Once In North America Now Running In Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can start with the 1000’s of gallons of petroleum lubrication oils they use in their lifetime, and you can move on to the energy required to manufacture them, which like ethanol, will never be offset by the energy they produce. It’s a net negative. They are not green.

That’s before we even start to discuss the environmental impact of their existence and operation to Mother Earth and her creatures. They are not green.
I can’t like this twice so I’ll just thank you for speaking some truths. They are a gimmick, the amount of resources that go into building them alone should be a red flag, especially given their short lifespans.

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard a podcast with a supposedly really smart person saying we should immediately go to total solar and wind; "it's all free energy!!".
Yeah, free energy.
I figure oil is free too; it's all provided by nature, whether wind, solar, or oil, we have to collect it and make it useful. At first look it might seem like refining oil is more complicated etc. but there's so much more to consider, including how many products are made from oil, it's not just a fuel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have absolutely ruined the OK skyline and if I live to 164yo I will NEVER forgive these bastards for doing it.

I recently spent 3-4 days down in the TX hill country near Llano. No turbines down there. I asked and one of the locals said, “ yeah, no, they can’t build down here. We won’t let them. The skyline is all we have”. So, they’ve come to OK and jacked up the Arbuckle & Wichita mountains. Rotten sonsabitches.
We have our fair share of them in North Central Oklahoma. Sitting in my recliner, I can count 8 out the window from a wind farm of about a hundred.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Renewable energy sources (solar, wind, hydroelectric) only makes up something like 29% of the electricity globally, and 16.8% of it is hydroelectric, thus, solar and wind make up a whopping total of 12.2% of the globes electricity.

Renewable Energy - Center for Climate and Energy Solutions

That seems to be based on numbers up to and including the year 2020. I wonder just how many wind towers were built in the last year and 4 months? Probably not enough to make a difference.

If wind and solar are the future, how long will it take them to get the world to a "reasonable" amount of capacity to benefit anyone?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much diesel was used to dig this hole, make the concrete, make the steel? That doesn’t include making the blades and mast or assembling them.

Not counting all the semi's making thousands of trips hauling gravel that has to be mined and transported to make roads. Road graders to build the roads, none of which are EV's.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i remember talking to this fella that was hanging around with binoculars a big camera etc during the approval phase of the wind farm. i asked him what was up and he told me he was a biologist counting the birds and species in the wind farm area. i asked him how many whooping cranes he counted and he said none! so i asked him about the pair that was standing about 1/2 mile down the road from him???? haven't seen the cranes now for years and they used to loaf around every year. there isn't a shred of protect the environment in these things in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom