Liquor Store Owner Firing at Robbers Shot by Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't go chasing people down shooting at them. There's no reason for it and at that point the cops were preventing an attempted homicide. Sad for the store owner that he is critically injured because of a couple of scumbags but there's no flashing good guy beacon in the real world to tell the cops who's who. Someone posted a video of an officer being slaughtered by a man with a rifle I've seen it before and if you haven't is absolutely horrifying. I can't fault an officer firing on an active shooter outside in public view.

Remember you are shooting to stop the threat, be it making them DRT or at the point where the bad guys are outside in a vehicle fleeing they are no longer a threat.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because someone tried to rob you earlier doesn't allow you to try and kill them later.
It certainly doesn't allow you to endanger every other person in the path of the bullets you fire, every time you miss that bullet goes on to find something to hit.
He was given an order by police that he apparently ignored and the police seeing some random guy standing on the street shooting into traffic opened fire to stop the obvious threat to public safety.

The moral of the story is learn the law and when confronted by armed officers and told to drop the weapon, listen.

If you are firing a weapon and police confront you, You should know that police do not conduct debates with armed suspects.
If you are firing into a street and the police cannot instantly understand why they have every duty to suspect that you are the problem.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the police were wrong, but I don't know if they were necessarily right either. Fact is I don't know what the right thing to do is in this situation.

I do think what the owner did was wrong, but I can't say I think he's awful for it. It's a pretty heated situation, sometimes a good person makes the wrong decision.

I think someone who commits armed robbery, has forfeited any right to not be killed. I know that may not be a popular opinion, but if you threaten someone's life. . .

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good lesson to take home is that these cops are probably not going to even miss a day of pay over this... but a private citizen who did the same thing would be facing the very real chance of felony charges. You are taking a very big risk by running into a shooting situation without knowing "what is going on."

Also, I would have to disagree with those who are saying that what the shopkeeper was doing was "clearly illegal." There are very few facts given about the situation... probably because the only person capable of explaining it is in the ICU.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused about this time line. Was the earlier like 30 seconds prior where the bad guys were fleeing? Or was earlier like hours earlier in the day and the robbers came back more prepared to finish the job?

Need clarification to make judgement.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lesson #2. Be better trained with your firearm and the robbery ends in the store. You don't exert energy chasing a car you won't catch and you don't get shot by the police who come to see what's going on.

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused about this time line. Was the earlier like 30 seconds prior where the bad guys were fleeing? Or was earlier like hours earlier in the day and the robbers came back more prepared to finish the job?

Need clarification to make judgement.
Agreed and It doesn't state if the car was in traffic or pulled up outside the building. It may have been earlier that day and then he saw them pull up and figured they where there to finish the job. I hope he pulls through so he can tell his side of the story.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom