Local gun shops who WON'T answer phones!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do not answer the phone if we have customers in our shop. We will not apologize for prioritizing the customers in front of us and we accept that there will be a few missed sales because of this. We do have a message on our voicemail that directs customers to send an email with product inquiries. Products on our website include a description. If you're calling to ask who manufacturers our products, you're going to be disappointed, we have NDAs with several OEM manufacturers and we're just not interested in sharing that information.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When contacting FBT I have always used email or the message feature on their website.

I have always received a timely response.

I have had orders shipped and I have road tripped to Bixby to pick things up, never an issue. I do use email to verify that an order is ready for pickup before making the trip.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do not answer the phone if we have customers in our shop. We will not apologize for prioritizing the customers in front of us and we accept that there will be a few missed sales because of this. We do have a message on our voicemail that directs customers to send an email with product inquiries. Products on our website include a description. If you're calling to ask who manufacturers our products, you're going to be disappointed, we have NDAs with several OEM manufacturers and we're just not interested in sharing that information.

Happy Thanksgiving!
It's fine, I live in Edmond and would have to go out of my way to buy from you just wanted to share my experience. BTW I'm not surprised you wouldn't share who manufactures for you, when you paste your name on products that come from the lowest bidder there are bound to be some quality control issues and NDA's will protect the OEM from furthering there bad reputation.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooooo..... does this mean you'll give them a second chance?
No, I will deal with trusted websites and those locals who take the time to answer my calls. I also will not buy a relabeled product like barrels and LPK's from someone with out a good reputation(such as BCM, DD, Rainer Arms) or the honesty to say to say who they buy them from. This leaves me in the dark to know if I'm getting Model 1 quality or Colt. These are just my opinions, take them as you will. I would buy of Mark again but only if I see him at a show because I always liked him and he's good to deal with there. I won't be going back to his shop though.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well in all fairness, you could just trust that their very reasonably priced parts are a good value. If you need more of a reputation you just have to spend more money. Probably a lot more for the actual difference in quality or usefulness.

Seems kind harsh to have a problem with their parts that you don't want. I look at it as a shop that took the time to find a way to stock parts locally for a great price and would bet that they are a good value. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I think this thread is an example why FBT might not want to answer their phone for you.

I can see the replay of this if they had answered. A 20 minute discussion about the barrel, how you didn't think it was precision for the price, must be trashy, surely they are misleading people, essentially 20 minutes of wasted time for the business owner. Then we will see a thread on here how someone was standing at the counter, with cash in their hand to actually buy something, and had to leave because they were on the phone the entire time he was there.

The internet is an incredible resource, as someone who doesn't like to wait I would think you would use your valuable seconds to perform extensive google searches, decide which precision barrel you want, and then find the online retailer to buy it from. You would have saved yourself hours of wasted time. You would have however deprived all of us of this thread, which I am giving thanks for today. :)

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Take this to Facebook where people will side with you for trashing a product you didn't want in the first place.
If you want high quality, you're not going to find a super cheap price...... duh.....
so-if-you-jxaz5n.jpg

Nifrost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two cents.....

Business owners have the right to set business hours and determine the amount of customer service they will provide. Customers have the right to make choices on where they will spend their money. All decisions will have consequences and rewards and you can't please everyone all the time.

Feedback is important in the retail/customer service industry. Many companies spend some of their profits eliciting feedback. This forum is a useful resource for both sides of the transactions.

Nobody should get a case of butthurt because of the way a business chooses to operate or the way a customer chooses to spend their cash.

Berserk made a post and expressed his experiences/frustrations without trashing anyone. It's a shame some folks can't respect that so they start the drama......

Flame on

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I called with three simple questions in mind and it would have taken all of 5 minutes. Who makes your barrels, are they MP tested, and do they have what I want in stock so I dont have to drive 3 hours round trip for nothing. I see I didn't say in the first post but I have two builds going right now, a precision SPR clone and a AR pistol. The pistol was to be just a blaster and I would have gladly bought the barrel regardless, the SPR I wouldnt have if they didn't meet my standard I dont think thats to demanding.
Now I can see how one may read my post different from how I intended but I did not prejudge there product until a few post ago when FBT said I would be "disappointed" if I wanted to know there source. That is there right, but not knowing what your buying to save a few dollars is not something I do with firearms. If it was a cheap dvd player or toaster I would have taken my chances.
I have been a member since 2009 though most dont know who I am because I dont post regular, but your free to look at my past post and feedback thread. I'm not a troll and I'm stand up when it comes to the classifieds face to face meets. I dont think I bad mouthed there product, I just stated my opinion based on the facts I received.

Latest posts

Top Bottom