Looking for a new 25.06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on a good bolt action 25.06? Need a new all around gun and have decided on the 25.06 because I don't have one and think it will be a good addition. Anyone have any experience with this caliber, or have one and can say what you like or don't like?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 25-06 is awesome, and good range on bullet weights, and really accurate, fairly low on recoil. It is super loud though. Not something you want to shoot out of the cab of your pickup. Just Kidding

I have one in a 700 CDL that I love, I have a buddy that has one in a Model 70 featherweight. They are accurate guns.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i wish some of the budget rifles would come in 25-06. mainly for me to see what i could do with handloads. the mossberg atr 100 would be ideal,maybe the savage axis.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
buy you one of these and then add a thumbhole stock from boyds makes a nice looking gun its cheap and they shoot well the ultra hunter comes in 25-06,the pic with the thumbhole is a 45-70 but you tell what it would look like on the other one,Also I read a hunting story one time that a person that ran a hunting outfit,keep records of every deer kill for 20 years what it was shot with how far the deer was how far it went after the shot,enter all his info into a computer and the 25-06 came out on top it is hard to beat field data,never mind couldn't get pics loaded,but I am talking about a new England ultra hunter they are very good cheap gun

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My FIL was shooting a 25-06 while they were still a wildcat. This was back in the early 60's. It was always one of my favorite calibers. It just always seemed to shoot flatter than the ballistics stated and seemed to be one of the easiest calibers to make shoot good. I've owned one for around 30 years and don't see myself ever not owning one.....hope you get one and enjoy it as much as I have....Viking

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Ruger M77 and have not had a single issue with it. It was handed down to me from my dad about 10 years ago. He took a Boone and Crockett buck with it in Arkansas, so I am surprised that he gave it to me.

I keep thinking of getting something else, but just cannot talk myself into it, I have had so much luck with that one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom