Mayor of Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just received a phone call from the present mayors people asking me for my vote and what should she address next time.
My reply was for Her to explain to voters in Norman why the PD chief was in DC, who paid for his trip, and did the city approve his going.
We have council members who did not know he went and were upset he supported the Mrs. Senator. nothing has come ouit from the
Norman Govt to answer this or even support or deny his position. We'll see what happens.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was this trip?

It's quite common for departments, especially large departments (and trust me, Norman is large) to send one or two officers to DC for Cop Week for various activities. Generally speaking, the FOP and/or the officers pay for it. The selection at many places is done "lottery style" or by nomination.

Is there something specific that makes you think the city fit the bill or just assumption?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was this trip?

It's quite common for departments, especially large departments (and trust me, Norman is large) to send one or two officers to DC for Cop Week for various activities. Generally speaking, the FOP and/or the officers pay for it. The selection at many places is done "lottery style" or by nomination.

Is there something specific that makes you think the city fit the bill or just assumption?

There's an entire thread on it somewhere.

NOBLE paid for his trip to participate in the National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence conference to finalize their agenda in support of Feinstein's bill and issue a call on Congress to enact stricter gun control. Both NOBLE and the Partnership are openly anti-gun.

Some of the citizens of Norman are asking why the Chief attended, in uniform, and wonder if he did it with the knowledge or consent of city leadership. Sensible questions.

He issued a vague statement about only specifically going to speak in regards to background checks and mental health at the conference, but his name is on the Partnership's press release calling for a laundry list of anti-gun reforms, found here: http://lepartnership.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/LEPartnership-2-27-Fly-In.pdf

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah..... hmm... interesting.

Hopefully details will surface.

There's an entire thread on it somewhere.

NOBLE paid for his trip to participate in the National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence conference to finalize their agenda in support of Feinstein's bill and issue a call on Congress to enact stricter gun control. Both NOBLE and the Partnership are openly anti-gun.

Some of the citizens of Norman are asking why the Chief attended, in uniform, and wonder if he did it with the knowledge or consent of city leadership. Sensible questions.

He issued a vague statement about only specifically going to speak in regards to background checks and mental health at the conference, but his name is on the Partnership's press release calling for a laundry list of anti-gun reforms, found here: http://lepartnership.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/LEPartnership-2-27-Fly-In.pdf

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ruh Roh Ragggy!!!!

Somebody have some splaining to do.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom