Mech. Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I would like too think Im pretty inclined on cars

well Im stumped on a 4.3 V6 1998 model right now

was wondering if there is a mech. on here I could call and state whats going on

to much type

thanks

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cutting out, stalling, rough idle intermittently?

Try the O2 sensor. Not a mechanic, just had several, and after about 60,000 miles, they start having issues with them.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need more Info, state Make Model Engine Drivetrain type 4xd or 2wd Miles, it all matters, and the issues you are having in a little more detail.

02 Sensor would not cause any of the issues above described unless there are other issues you do not know about and could be;

Dirty Throttle Body or a mixture of slagged together and stuck parts
Bad Gaskets on the Vortec Intake Manifold is a common problem
Could have bad Valve Seals, or lifters or springs or blah blah

I just had an 02 sensor go out on my 1998 Chevy Suburban with 5.7l Vortec 170k miles and had NONE of the above or previously stated issues, just a service engine soon light and an OBDII code for 02 sensor 1 bank 2, was an easy afternoon fix.

Get back to me in PM with details or on here see if we cant figure it out

DISCLAIMER
( I am by no means a Mechanic, just very knowledgable with Chevy Small Block Vortec's from 92-99, Prefer V8 but V6 is the same motor for all intents and purposes, NOT LIABLE for decisions made of your own accord)

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted, short term fix, that is usually the sensor that goes out and is not necessarily the root issue, though.

Had 4 of them, and all of those had those issues when the O2 went out. Maybe all 4 of mine were isolated incidents, that is what showed up on the Code Reader, and it fixed it each time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom