Most fun car you have ever driven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years back in college, I went home with a buddy of mine and he tossed me the keys to his dad's 1950s Gullwing.
Good times.
www.caradvice.com.au_wp_content_uploads_2012_01_1955_Mercedes_Benz_300SL_1.jpg
That's one cool MB!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no idea there were German fords. That's pretty interesting. Very cool car.

Thanks! I posted that pic as a joke after all the cool rides shown in the thread. It was a pretty decent car though it had been in a flood at one time and the ashtrays were full of mud. You could see a muddy waterline on the seats and about every two months the fuel filter would completely clog up with flood dirt. One of my HS buddies called in the Ford Fiasco. :D

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad's 66 Ford Galaxie 500 428 4spd car. (7 liter package) Manual Brakes n Steering...locker rear third member...bucket seats...red w/ black interior....and the factory exhaust was "muffler delete". Had glasspacks on it! GAWDDDD that car was cool with those skinny bias ply tires...LOL. I've had and built some badass cars, but that one is one i want again. It's on my bucket list!

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap, I was just about to say the '80 Fiesta that I rocked in high school. It didn't have enough power to get out of its own way, but it weighed next to nothing, had four on the floor, and a handbrake. Combine those characteristics with dirt roads, and I had a heck of a lot of fun in that car.

If you think it was low on power, you should have driven a diesel version. My uncle bought a new one in the early 80s. I test drove it and it took a mile to get up to 65mph. I thought I was going to run over.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My most fun car would have to be "Lime Rock", my green 1975 Buick Opel 1900 sedan. It was the last year it was imported from Germany. Sure, it looked a bit like a Nova, but it was a SCCA Showroom Stock Sedan race car with roll bar and five-point competition harness. For a small four-banger, it could do over 100 MPH.

Latest posts

Top Bottom