Muskogee police Pepper spray 84 year old woman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have released the body cam footage. I don't see where she deserved a face full of pepper spray.

She was asked to comply. Not knowing what may be in her right pocket the LEO sprayed her as she stepped toward the other officer ... again after being asked not to. She failed to comply with a legal command from a LEO. Bad move in most zip codes.

Should the LEO have sprayed her? No. In a confined area with other officers, she should not have used spray. My guess is that the officer wanted to eliminate the possibility of any harm to her fellow officers and used the wrong tool for compliance.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That and the whole overspray issue.

Massive use of force for running a stop light. Yeah he ran, but the whole incident with spraying the old lady was uncalled for. Of course she's agitated. Who wouldn't be when she didn't do a dammed thing, and her front door was kicked in and the sanctity of her home was violated.
I hope she sues the hell out of them, and an officer looses her job.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any kind of confrontation with an 84 year old is a lose lose situation. No matter what you do to stop the situation, it's not going to be looked upon favorably by anyone.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Massive use of force for running a stop light.

I was waiting for someone to point that out. Assaulting the old lady was the secondary excessive use of force by the police. Where was the level headed shift supervisor that should have brought this pursuit to an end before the door of the home was kicked in?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The kid ran from the law. He gets what he deserves.
He thought he could evade a $50 ticket or whatever they cost. It's his actions that lead to the lady being pepper sprayed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom