NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newtown Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting more and more frustrated with this as time goes one...

While I do not believe the far extreme take on the school shootings being a government conspiracy, I do question why we cannot seem to get real, straight facts out of anyone on this matter.

:anyone:

I just don't get it...

Because of this:

http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/article/Sandy-Hook-affidavits-remain-sealed-4150259.php

On about March 27th or right around there, we'll see all of the evidence as the affidavits will no longer be sealed. Guess what will already have been pushed through congress by that point?

A state Superior Court judge said Thursday that search warrant affidavits for the cars and home of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza and his mother would stay sealed for another 90 days.

Judge John Blawie granted motions filed Wednesday by Danbury State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky to extend the statutory sealing period for the five warrants, including three for the Yogonanda Street home where the 20-year-old Lanza fatally shot his mother, Nancy, four times in the face on the morning of Dec. 14, before embarking on the rampage that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead.

The judge's order also covers the two other search warrants, for the 2010 Honda Civic Adam Lanza drove to the school and for Nancy Lanza's 2009 silver BMW, which was parked in the garage attached to the home.

"The court finds that due to the nature and circumstances of this case and the ongoing investigation, the state's interest in continuing nondisclosure substantially outweighs any right to public disclosure at this time," Blawie wrote.

Barbara T. Roessner, executive editor of Hearst Connecticut Newspapers, said editors and attorneys for the Hearst group are reviewing the order and considering whether to challenge it.

Had the extensions not been granted, three of the affidavits, along with an inventory of any potential evidence seized, would have been available for public inspection on Friday.

The initial 14-day sealing period for the remaining two would have expired Monday and Tuesday.

Sedensky said in his applications that the affidavits contained information "not known to the general public" and that premature disclosure would "seriously jeopardize the outcome and success of the investigation" by "divulging sensitive and confidential information" known only to investigators.

Although no arrests have been made and "none are contemplated," Sedensky also said the possibility has not been ruled out, and that releasing the information would make it difficult to solve crimes that others might have committed.

Sedensky was out of the office Wednesday and Thursday and unavailable for comment.

Connecticut State Police have said that all four weapons recovered after the shootings had been purchased legally by Nancy Lanza. Lt. J. Paul Vance, the state police spokesman, said the investigation, which involved state and local police along with the FBI and federal Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents, could take several months.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TerryMiller
Thank you for putting some sense into this thread. For all you NRA members. Would it not be true that they would create an uproar had this assault rifle never been involved? The desperation for a conspiracy is laughable.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't make anything better. Just shows that Obama will use anything to further his personal agenda and the way he used those children yesterday as props was sickening. Obama knows what weapons were used and which ones were not.
You are exactly right. That loser will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He has no shame.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend an old movie, which for some here will be a never seen one. Back in 1981, Sally Field and Paul Newman starred in "Absence of Malice." I won't spoil the movie for those that have not seen it, but it kind of gives an "inside look" at the news business, back when it was still "news" and not a ratings grab.

Trust me, it isn't a fast paced, shoot-em-up movie, so to some it may seem slow and boring. However, it does give an insight as to how news used to be covered. It isn't even all about the news business, but I'll say no more. In fact, I think I need to go to Amazon and see if it is even still available.

Yep.....Here it is at Amazon.

Absence of Malice

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is that after the event has been over for weeks or months, and the OFFICIAL voices and reports have been issued, there are still folks unwilling to believe what happened. I'm fully aware that in the rush for news, the reporters tend to take every statement from everyone as gospel and report it. It used to be that the news media made sure to verify with at least a second source for the same bit of information. But, this thread was started long after all the information is in.

As for IJR, I didn't attack the site. I merely questioned as to whom they were. Is it a site that is as credible as NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, or any of the major newspapers? Perhaps you are reading more into my comments than what was written.

I don't think that the issue is as much about a conspirasah as it is about the lack of credibility of ANY of the media outlets or government spokesmen. The cynicism of the remaining intelligent people is another driver. The media runs 'stories', not facts, in an effort to provide filler to a perpetual news cycle. Eyewitness reports are generally unreliable and regularly have factual omissions. People want the "truth" when they should be seeking facts. While we we were warned about the Military Industrial complex years ago, I wonder if the Government Media complex isn't more dangerous and certainly more insidious.

The problems? The government and media are indistinguishable any longer. The 'stories' support some preconceived agenda and/or outcome, provided the occurrence is outside the Beltway or a major approved urban concentration. Because there is no longer any implicit trust in what we are told, we look for anomalies, and there is more than a sufficiency. Coincidentally, these events tend to push the problematic discussions inside the approved population centers off the radar, which reinforces the conspiracy angle. We do not even trust photographic evidence since the advent of digital editing.

The behaviors on one side drive the conspiracies of the other side. While that does not mean there are, in fact, conspirators, it is apparent how the theories begin.

Personally, I don't buy the conspiracy angles. I usually won't credit them with that much collective intelligence or informational security. It boils down to a lack of both facts and trust. I simply don't buy ANY of the BS, from ANY "credible" source. The credibility of these people no longer exists, and probably hasn't since the Vietnam War.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe in any conspericy, but I don't understand this:

"The court finds that due to the nature and circumstances of this case and the ongoing investigation, the state's interest in continuing nondisclosure substantially outweighs any right to public disclosure at this time," Blawie wrote.

Barbara T. Roessner, executive editor of Hearst Connecticut Newspapers, said editors and attorneys for the Hearst group are reviewing the order and considering whether to challenge it.

Had the extensions not been granted, three of the affidavits, along with an inventory of any potential evidence seized, would have been available for public inspection on Friday.

The initial 14-day sealing period for the remaining two would have expired Monday and Tuesday.

Sedensky said in his applications that the affidavits contained information "not known to the general public" and that premature disclosure would "seriously jeopardize the outcome and success of the investigation" by "divulging sensitive and confidential information" known only to investigators.

We have been told by a person on this board that has internal contacts to LEO sources that the shooting was all done by the .223 Bushmaster.

I'm going to assume this is credible information by him, so why is there this "sensitive and confidential information" being withheld? why is Hurst publishing involved?

I'm probably overthinking it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably because its just too early for the gory details of 20 children being murdered to come out and be pounced on by our bloodthirsty media.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that the issue is as much about a conspirasah as it is about the lack of credibility of ANY of the media outlets or government spokesmen. The cynicism of the remaining intelligent people is another driver. The media runs 'stories', not facts, in an effort to provide filler to a perpetual news cycle. Eyewitness reports are generally unreliable and regularly have factual omissions. People want the "truth" when they should be seeking facts. While we we were warned about the Military Industrial complex years ago, I wonder if the Government Media complex isn't more dangerous and certainly more insidious.

The problems? The government and media are indistinguishable any longer. The 'stories' support some preconceived agenda and/or outcome, provided the occurrence is outside the Beltway or a major approved urban concentration. Because there is no longer any implicit trust in what we are told, we look for anomalies, and there is more than a sufficiency. Coincidentally, these events tend to push the problematic discussions inside the approved population centers off the radar, which reinforces the conspiracy angle. We do not even trust photographic evidence since the advent of digital editing.

The behaviors on one side drive the conspiracies of the other side. While that does not mean there are, in fact, conspirators, it is apparent how the theories begin.

Personally, I don't buy the conspiracy angles. I usually won't credit them with that much collective intelligence or informational security. It boils down to a lack of both facts and trust. I simply don't buy ANY of the BS, from ANY "credible" source. The credibility of these people no longer exists, and probably hasn't since the Vietnam War.

All good points. Like you, I rarely "trust" one source on a story. I prefer to read/hear a news story and then go looking for a different source that does NOT source their story from the first story I heard/read.

I suppose the one thing that REALLY gripes me is the disclaimer in a story that the "source must remain anonymous because they aren't authorized to disseminate information" about the news event. If they aren't authorized, they really ought to shut up and also risk termination.

Latest posts

Top Bottom