Need a gunsmith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two beanland full builds and a third hitting his hands next week. .300wm, 6.5CM (which posted a 0.099" group last week with 123amaxs. Yes, I have a pic) and next is a 6.5rsaum. When the rsaum is done, I will start gathering parts for my son's first rifle so Jon can build himone as well. Jon is a helluva nice guy to work with and he is hands-down, the best gun plumber I have ever worked with. Treat yourself and let Jon build you a hammer.

As an aside, Mr. Baldwin is no slouch, I have seen a couple of his rifle builds that a buddy owns, and they are salty out to the 800yd plate. Steve has a couple of records to prove that he can shoot and build. Either way, you will get a mighty fine rifle back from your box o' parts.

If you plan on shooting anything heavier than the 175/178's, you might want to run a 10tw bbl. But, 155's to 175's, the 11.25tw will be fine.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by and spoke to Steve Baldwin to get some help on my rifle with a trigger issue on a rifle he once built. Super nice fellow. Not only did he fix it but showed me how to do it myself in the future and didn't charge me a thing. He gave me a few suggestions in some other things I want to get.

My next gunsmith needs will be handled by this fellow. Two thumbs up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are either of these guys recommended for a muzzle brake install on a Rem 700 300 WM and a 30-06? Saw some great work on Youtube, reducing a 300 WM to 308 type recoil.

I do want a top end professional job.

Jeff

OK243

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with either.
Beanland builds more tactical rifles but Baldwin has been building guns and gun parts for a very long time.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve just installed a nice brake on a 30-06 for a friend of mine. Excellent work. Translates recoil into noise very efficiently. (I don't like brakes)

I have done business with Mechanical Accuracy (Steve Baldwin) since the early 90s. He's never failed to do it right, and I have yet to hear any complaints about him.

When you go to Jones, watch the speed limit signs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom