Night owls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That stinks. Hope you patch up soon. What’s the story?
Got way out in the right stirrup beyond the point of being able to get back to center and had to ditch. Colt was spooked and running off a little. Best spot for me to ditch lead to me crashing into a pipe fence and then into the gravel. Then the cattle I was driving ran back over me. I really don’t think I was stepped on. I think the fractures happened when my body folded up against the fence. I remember hearing a bunch of popping. Got a couple small cuts on my head and a few gashes on a forearm that are stitched up. Ribs aren’t out of line. Ribs 5, 6, 7 and 8 are fractured in my back near my spine. I haven’t been seriously injured in several years so I was due. Lol

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got way out in the right stirrup beyond the point of being able to get back to center and had to ditch. Colt was spooked and running off a little. Best spot for me to ditch lead to me crashing into a pipe fence and then into the gravel. Then the cattle I was driving ran back over me. I really don’t think I was stepped on. I think the fractures happened when my body folded up against the fence. I remember hearing a bunch of popping. Got a couple small cuts on my head and a few gashes on a forearm that are stitched up. Ribs aren’t out of line. Ribs 5, 6, 7 and 8 are fractured in my back near my spine. I haven’t been seriously injured in several years so I was due. Lol

Such as the life of a cowboy. My father in law was the real deal. Dropped out of school around the 6th grade. Went to work on the Chapman ranch down around the Sulphur/Davis area. Spent close to 60 years on a horse. No telling how many times he had a story/memory just like yours.

As Monte Walsh said, "Cowboying...it's a helluva life!"

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Such as the life of a cowboy. My father in law was the real deal. Dropped out of school around the 6th grade. Went to work on the Chapman ranch down around the Sulphur/Davis area. Spent close to 60 years on a horse. No telling how many times he had a story/memory just like yours.

As Monte Walsh said, "Cowboying...it's a helluva life!"
The ranch I’m on here in Inola is part of the Chapman family. Yep you play the game long enough and something will happen. Sure there are things I can think of that might have prevented this wreck but we would never get anything done if we didn’t take a risk. I just hope I can make myself stay patient and heal. I had a small puncture in my right lung with a little internal bleeding so I stayed in the hospital one night so they could check it again. They did so Sunday morning and said it looked good enough that they’d release me.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ranch I’m on here in Inola is part of the Chapman family. Yep you play the game long enough and something will happen. Sure there are things I can think of that might have prevented this wreck but we would never get anything done if we didn’t take a risk. I just hope I can make myself stay patient and heal. I had a small puncture in my right lung with a little internal bleeding so I stayed in the hospital one night so they could check it again. They did so Sunday morning and said it looked good enough that they’d release me.

Yeah, I'm sure you're itchin' to get back in the saddle, but give it time cowpoke. My father in law was the same way.

I used to love to watch him work. Everything looked so easy and simple when he did, yet when I tried to do the same thing, I failed miserably!

Yeah, he was a cowboy thru and thru. I miss him.

FB_IMG_1612886176418.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you heal up quickly. Sounds like a pretty good crash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom