Nope, you still can't shop at Petsmart with yoyr SNAP card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Most pet food is a reasonably complete human diet...I say we make them redeemable only at pet stores; give people some motivation to get off of them!
AAFCO is the petfood regulatory institute, unfortunately it is a volunteer organization, so no real controls. All sorts of nasty is in dog foods as well as poison and fertilizers that are not allowed for human consumption.
Lost a dog to cancer and started researching dog food and we no longer feed that crap to my dogs, my dogs are on human food. Costs more but worth my peace of mind!!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most pet food is a reasonably complete human diet...I say we make them redeemable only at pet stores; give people some motivation to get off of them!

I'm pretty sure I've paid more per pound for some dog food than the meat that was on my plate!

I love this idea, Dave. Besides, I like pets more than most strangers (you guys are cool though).

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, considering that the Dems have long claimed that the elderly and those on fixed incomes had to choose between food and medicine, maybe SNAP cards to buy dog food for human consumption isn't such a bad idea...

...oh, wait...

...that's a Democrat idea, so it must have not validity at all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rethink this philosophy...

...an RV gives one too little room to try to run away, and in many of them, there is only one exit door.
If one never goes inside, then one does not need to escape.
My wife prefers me to be outside, and with a mosquito net, I'm good with outdoors. I have a fold out kitchen , port for the TV, and wifi, so that covers my needs unless I'm in bear country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom