Nurse arrested for not drawing blood...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pot, kettle, very black. Now if you aren't arguing, why are you still replying to my comments? Passive aggressive or not. In which I know there's no "winning" with you at all, not that it's a goal. You'll take a contrarian point of view well beyond the point of stupidity for no other reason other than you like to argue, you have a history of that. The very fact that you're STILL trying to apologize for an officer assaulting a nurse when she disagreed with him, is proof.
if you say so

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the real question. The city was looking for a way to mitigate their liability. Their hope was to find something in the illegally obtained blood sample which would allow them to place blame on the victim.

Kind of makes you wonder if they need to look further than the supervisor?

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the blood sample had been obtained illegally, wouldn't it be inadmissible to use? Seems to me like that would be a clear violation of the 4th amendment.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the blood sample had been obtained illegally, wouldn't it be inadmissible to use? Seems to me like that would be a clear violation of the 4th amendment.

Correct. The problem is, once the genie is out of the bottle...

Preventing the violation of the rights of someone who is helpless and injured in the first place is much better than trying to correct the mistake later.

Not to mention that this nurse's stand has sparked a national conversation and educational discussion that needed to be held.

I had a situation the other night that very very easily could have resulted in something similar - a situation with differing views between law enforcement and health care workers about what is best and/or right for an individual's rights and safety. But luckily, everyone involved was calm, respectful and on the same team. There are problems we need to address in our system, but there are ways to do it, and ways NOT to do it.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So she's entitled to a HUGE payout because of it. Ok... whatever.

Entitled is the wrong word!! I am sure the lawyers will be able to fix it for ya!! I hope I am wrong but in this day and age people get paid for much less than what happened here... This nurse may not be that type that goes after money!! Maybe she is one of the good folks that understand any money she would get would be the tax payers money!! Time will tell!

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always try to back the blue till proven otherwise. In this case it appears the nurse was the one enforcing the law and the officer was showing his macho ass to his buddies.

I think it's a bad idea to default to backing the blue.

Most cops are good guys, but I think everyone should be innocent until proven guilty. I don't think we should trust people just because of their profession.

Latest posts

Top Bottom