OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you should re-read some of the posts about cops in NYC killing a guy over selling smokes, or dogpiling the dude in OKC?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the longer run, we can start removing the laws that most egregiously violate the non-aggression principle, or disregarding them in great enough numbers that they become moot; and advocating for more legal protection for individual liberty. Taking a look at the hyper-regulatory state around us, I think it is clear that the Constitution didn't go nearly far enough toward protecting liberty.
1. The issue is you have to assume everyone will make reasoned decisions. The problem is many people in our nation do not have the ability to reason, they mere make a simple decisions. Unfortunately, our society has to reason for those people, which is what our laws and police do. At the same time we removed Christianity as a guiding moral value system, for those people who cannot reason.

I see the problem, such as the OHP shooting, as an issue of the way our nation use the police. Up to the 1930s police enforced laws after a crime was committed, enforcement was severe. In the 1930s, progressives decided criminals were victims, which meant the police needed to prevent criminal activity. By 1930 immigration had changed the nation’s Christian value system.

When the police started preventing crime, their powers grew to the point where we are now; civil liberties no longer really matter. A good ordered society is most important. Unfortunately, Americans, do not like to be oppressed by authority because of American Exceptionalism. Our education system teaches children that American individualism and American Exceptionalism is bullying and dangerous.

We to teach people who cannot reason, that the police are bullies, which makes the police have to use more authority because they assume people cannot reason. A lack of a Christian value system that says turn the other cheek and assume people are nice and want to help, not oppressing your civil liberties. Americans being individualist, and believing we all know what is best for ourselves, leads to confrontation between the police and the public.

Therefore, in an area where people are known to have few values and little ability to reason, starts to flood. The police show up and find two people making a poor decision to save their property. It is not like property ownership is fundamental to being free. The police say your property is not important, I know best, do as I say. The poor decision decides to get mad at the police. The police then start to oppress the poor decision maker, because the poor decision maker believes he is free to make his own decisions. Now, the police are no longer preventing crime, they are now enforcing the law, which was severe.

2. The problem with the Constitution is not the limiting the power of the Supreme Court. The point where we really screwed this up at was making senators elected by popular vote and not by state legislatures. The 17th Amendment allowed Factions to take over our nation. Hamilton warned about factions in Federalist Letter 10.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you should re-read some of the posts about cops in NYC killing a guy over selling smokes, or dogpiling the dude in OKC?

Oh, I know there are a few folks who remain consistent in their argument. I'm not referring to them or even OSA in particular.

When the police started preventing crime, their powers grew to the point where we are now; civil liberties no longer really matter. A good ordered society is most important. Unfortunately, Americans, do not like to be oppressed by authority because of American Exceptionalism. Our education system teaches children that American individualism and American Exceptionalism is bullying and dangerous.

Cops preventing crime? When did they start doing that (other than the small amount of prevention that comes from deterrence)? Serious question. In my view we still have reactive police system in this country.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A reasonable person would have to wonder, just what percentage of the laws and regulations in this country are passed just to mollify the sensibilities of others.

Another thing you have to consider is proximity. The more densely packed people are, the natural outcome is more restrictions on each other.

Freedom doesn't mean freedom from consequence or judgement of others, it means freedom from unconstitutional trespass against one's person. We will never again "ride the free range" the way they did back in the day. As population densities increase, the emotionally held freedoms will decrease.

Short of going off the grid and cutting all contact with others, you now live in a world where pretty much everything you do has some type of impact on others. Short of a major human population decrease, this is the new norm. :(

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So which laws are OHP and Police sworn to uphold?

What does it matter if the guy enforcing the law is all roided up and on anti-depressants. Our system is basically a bunch of perverted old men in suits (like Denny Hastert) that have a buncha aggressive young men they control and have them enact their will on the rest of the people by force. The old weirdos like Hastert makes the law, and one of these lower level guys that wants to impress him takes pleasure in getting to enforce it.

I still say I believe in due process and I will side with the police if the evidence warrants it...but this is more than likely a duck since it walks and quacks. Could be simply that the cops didn't like open-carry.

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asks? How many cops roll up on someone or some situation and ask anything? Command would be a better choice of words. I can only speak of personal experience with TPD, TCSO, OHP, Sapulpa PD, Creek County SO.
Last November, during a search for a boy, I came upon about 5 Sapulpa PD guys - I ask them if they were looking for @@@? I was met with questions about who I was, etc... why did I want to know....a bunch of hateful crap spewed from one cop's mouth.
The other cops were cool as anything, but his idiotic response, and those 4's silent approval of it is what I'll remember.

You don't know that. You have no idea what has been reported to brass and what has not. TC Sheriff's Office is a prime example of officers on the ground TRYING to get someone who shouldn't be in uniform off the job and being basically ignored by brass and the administration.

All I know is I'll be glad when GC is done with this ****. I've never, ever worried about him going to work and not coming back home ... not until recently, that is ... Y'all can have your anarchy ... ;) We have cruise plans to make! :D

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't know that. You have no idea what has been reported to brass and what has not. TC Sheriff's Office is a prime example of officers on the ground TRYING to get someone who shouldn't be in uniform off the job and being basically ignored by brass and the administration.

All I know is I'll be glad when GC is done with this ****. I've never, ever worried about him going to work and not coming back home ... not until recently, that is ... Y'all can have your anarchy ... ;) We have cruise plans to make! :D

Their silence created the perception of approval and isn't that what law enforcement is battling these days, negative perception?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their silence created the perception of approval and isn't that what law enforcement is battling these days, negative perception?

They are. And no, I dunno the answer to the problem. What I do know is I'm tired of worrying about some dullard coming along and putting a bullet in GC's head while he's sitting at a stop light. ****ing people are crazy. I say let them do what they want ... they don't want cops ... ok ... don't be calling 911 ... that's a start ...

Problem is nobody wants a cop until they need one ... and then there's somebody there who doesn't want to see the cop so then what do you do? Those two guys in the truck?? Somebody called in and asked the cops to go out and check on them. They were SENT there ...** Can't have it both ways ...

****ing people are crazy ...

Can you tell I think ****ing people are crazy??

Bottom line for me now is ... and this is gonna chap more than a few asses around here ...

I
DON'T
CARE

All I want is for Scott to finish his next 90 days and throw all that **** in his car, drive it over to the garage and throw the keys on the ground and leave ... :)

** I looked for the link to the newscast where Timmons said there was a call out but I can't find it. If I misunderstood and the cops just rolled up on them, then I apologize for the misrepresentation. But I'd swear Timmons said they were called out to check on the guys in the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom