OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious non-baiting question just because I want to know... does a man have the right the right to refuse assistance if he isn't any posing any direct danger to others? I was almost forced in an ambulance once but once I refused, they said ok and left. Is it not the same with police/troopers?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious non-baiting question just because I want to know... does a man have the right the right to refuse assistance if he isn't any posing any direct danger to others? I was almost forced in an ambulance once but once I refused, they said ok and left. Is it not the same with police/troopers?

You can refuse but they might decide to shoot you. All joking aside, I have noticed a change in police attitudes and demeanor over the last 20 years. It seems all of the older cops aren't nearly as confrontational, don't bark orders and aren't as eager to rough people up etc. The younger generation, not so much. Just what I've observed.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some officers are very eager to "teach you a lesson" regardless of whether you want help or need it. this has always been a problem. whether or not it is becoming a bigger problem these days is for someone with more experience and information to debate.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking mainly from Fire/EMS experience, if a person refuses treatment then the refusal must be documented. Otherwise the personnel can be held liable for negligence or abandonment. To pose a hypothetical scenario for this OHP incident, say the trooper left and one or both of the individuals drown. The trooper would be roasted for not providing assistance. Multi-million dollar lawsuit to follow.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Speaking mainly from Fire/EMS experience, if a person refuses treatment then the refusal must be documented. Otherwise the personnel can be held liable for negligence or abandonment. To pose a hypothetical scenario for this OHP incident, say the trooper left and one or both of the individuals drown. The trooper would be roasted for not providing assistance. Multi-million dollar lawsuit to follow.

Supreme Court ruled that the police aren't obligated to help or protect, so that multi-million dollar lawsuit would get thrown out.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
It started in the 30s deterrence is better than enforcement. The propose of our military is the same thing deter aggression against the US is better than fighting a war.

Oh, I know there are a few folks who remain consistent in their argument. I'm not referring to them or even OSA in particular.

Cops preventing crime? When did they start doing that (other than the small amount of prevention that comes from deterrence)? Serious question. In my view we still have reactive police system in this country.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I know is I'll be glad when GC is done with this ****. I've never, ever worried about him going to work and not coming back home ... not until recently, that is ...

I have a nephew that's working on his second degree and wants to be a cop next year when he graduates. I worry about him for these same reasons and really wonder what's causing it to come off the rails. I worry because he a great kid, has his head screwed on right and I fear that it'll get cross threaded down the road. Is it a perfect storm of Obama/Sharpton antics and too many military folks getting out and joining the force and some other factors? I dunno but I agree COMPLETELY with you that it seems to be a recent transformation.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asks? How many cops roll up on someone or some situation and ask anything? Command would be a better choice of words. I can only speak of personal experience with TPD, TCSO, OHP, Sapulpa PD, Creek County SO.
Last November, during a search for a boy, I came upon about 5 Sapulpa PD guys - I ask them if they were looking for @@@? I was met with questions about who I was, etc... why did I want to know....a bunch of hateful crap spewed from one cop's mouth.
The other cops were cool as anything, but his idiotic response, and those 4's silent approval of it is what I'll remember.

Anyone who doesn't understand why the cop train is coming off the tracks needs to read this post. Sure it's slanted, but it's real. This is the way a large portion of law abiding citizens think of law enforcement officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom