OKC area WARNING: Rick Hernandez, claims to be OCPD, offers checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar guy contact me about 6 months ago in reagrds to an AK I had for sale. I believe at this time he was with the Narcotics "division". He wanted to meet up after a "raid" around 11pm at a ghetto gas station. No thank you.

I remember you talking about this I think....

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar guy contact me about 6 months ago in reagrds to an AK I had for sale. I believe at this time he was with the Narcotics "division". He wanted to meet up after a "raid" around 11pm at a ghetto gas station. No thank you.

Sounds legit to me. I'd call him and see if it would be convenient for you to stop by his housing project one night. No worries there.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
100% total scam, bad check, and whatever else.
Had a person try this on me selling a boat.....he never showed up on Monday.

Eh, maybe, maybe not. There is for sure an OKC officer by that name. Whether or not the guy who contacted the OP is him or not I dunno.

McLovin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh, maybe, maybe not. There is for sure an OKC officer by that name. Whether or not the guy who contacted the OP is him or not I dunno.

He probably is an officer and is probably an alright guy, he either changed his mind and thought it was easier to not answer the phone than own up to it, or he got so busy he completely forgot he agreed to buy a $900 upper and answer his phone. I'm not saying the guy is horrible, just that you might want to think twice if you get an email from ocpdguy asking if you'll take a check for your goods.

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy (Rick Hernandez) email me a few days ago about buying an AR15 upper. He claimed to be with the Oklahoma City Police Department (later on the phone he mentioned something about being a reserve officer). After a brief correspondence he agreed to buy it with, "Yes I definately want it, consider it sold." We spoke on the phone and agreed to a meeting time and place. Since it was Sunday he said he couldn't get enough cash out of the bank and asked if I would take a check. I said I wouldn't be able to. He never showed up to the meeting place, did not answer his phone, did not return my call, and did not answer the email I sent him afterwards.

If he just simply changed his mind, I could understand and wouldn't be all that put out by it. Him not returning my calls, standing me up, and not responding to email makes me question whether or not this guy is actually a police officer. Add to that the fact that he originally wanted to pay with a check and it paints a pretty poor picture of the guy. His email was ocpdguy and then a number. Just a warning to anyone who is approached by this guy. If he's a legit cop he has some awfully poor people/business skills.

Don't you thinks maybe you are jumping the gun on this !
Just because someone offers to pay you by check and he does not answer your calls he is not a police officer ! Warning everyone that he is a fake and you really have no idea if he is or not . Don't you think you should wait and give someone the benifit of the doubt before you give
someone a bad rap over a deal between you and him gone bad starting rumors about someone you have never met ! And can you tell me how wanting to pay with a check paints a bad picture of someone I have people pay me all of the time with a check and have paid other people on this board with a check are you saying I am a bad person because i have payed with a check and others have payed me with check ! And I'm guessing you are new here I have had alot of people do no shows and change there minds about buying your Gun and all I did is not do bussiness
with these people again or for that matter answer PM's or E-mails .
That is what feedback is for, not drag there name through the dirt and call them a fake and when you really don't know the truth yet !
Just my 2 cents

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok everyone can calm down. He is an officer and I know because we went through OCPD academy together in 01. Second business is business just because someone does not return your call or stands you up does not give you the right to post all of his personal info IE e-mail address. I also dont think its right to post about someone who is not on the forum and who cant tell his side of the story. And if there is any more questions about if a person is an officer or not you can call the Department they claim to work for no need to post on a public forum. And wanting to pay with a check does not mean someone is a crook. If you dont feel comfortable just simply say no cash only no need to bash someone who has a limit on there debit card. I know that I can only get out 300 a day and that is to save me if my card gets stolen. Just my opinion.

+10000000

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or, as I accused President Obama of earlier, maybe he's a Muslim vampire.

I'm just trying to get this theory of mine circulating so that people can know the real truth.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does this transaction have anything to do with this board (not in feedback), or are you shotgunning this out to all the websites you know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom