oklahoma Law Maker introduces 4 new Gun Bills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be a lot of prisoners and dead folks. We'd have to go to Chinese execution numbers to get there and then we'd have to triple our prison population probably.

There are a lot of people who should not own guns that can function outside of prison or a mental institution. That's a very low standard for gun ownership in my view.

For example, those who have sold, taken, made or dealt in hard drugs should not own guns but i don't think they should spend life in prison or be executed, either.

some guy who has a history of violence altercations(e.g. barfights) in the past shouldn't necessarily be executed, spend life in prison or a mental institution, but probably shouldn't be allowed to own or carry guns, either.

Martha Stewart is a felon but is no danger to society yet she is prohibited from keeping and bearing arms. Once released from prison, any felon should be able to keep and bear arms. The state has basically declared such a person to no longer be any danger simply by the act of setting them free.

With nearly everyone bearing arms, anyone with bad intentions will face that armed society and if they don't think twice, they stand a bigger chance of dying than succeeding with their evil plot.

What is to prevent an adjudicated violent person from causing harm with means other than firearms? Some are irredeemable and should not be set free. As for the lot of dead folks(executed), better them than any civil member of society. Only the adjudicated irredeemable violent felons need be kept in prison, an institution, or executed.

As for your druggies, if they are judged to be redeemed, like anyone else who can be considered safe out in society, ought to be released with their inalienable rights. I find it laughable that these felons don't lose any other rights!

Woody

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it laughable that these felons don't lose any other rights!
Woody

I would say voting, but even that is restored after two years of being released. But, of course, California has to stretch it...
Despite widespread opposition from law enforcement, Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday (Sep 2016) signed a bill that will allow thousands of felons in county jails to vote in California elections as part of an effort to speed their transition back into society.

Speed transition, yeah right. They know who those numbskulls will vote for.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is all very interesting. Felons, maybe reformed or not I guess. If not. I agree tthey should not be out of prison. Sadly though, I know a few very nice, very law abiding people that are terrible with firearms and should not own them. They are simply dangerous. One of them has blown up three guns with his reloads. I refuse to be anywhere around him when he is at the range.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is all very interesting. Felons, maybe reformed or not I guess. If not. I agree tthey should not be out of prison. Sadly though, I know a few very nice, very law abiding people that are terrible with firearms and should not own them. They are simply dangerous. One of them has blown up three guns with his reloads. I refuse to be anywhere around him when he is at the range.

I agree completely. There are many who should not have access to firearms. Just go to any gunshow, and you will see folks who should not have pencils, much less firearms!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever notice that anytime a legislator proposes a Bill it always favors politicians? It doesn't matter whether it's at state level or federal they come out ahead and we have more restrictions on us than them.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were permitted, but not to be carried or loaded within city limits. I think it's also important to note that the vast majority of people in the 18th century did not live in urban areas. nor were they as built up and dense as they are today.

I challenge you to come up with a single documented law from any city or town pre-1800s that stated any such restrictions. You will not be able to find one. They didn't have those restrictions until much later. The vast majority of the early gun control laws in the U.S. were instituted in the south due to fear of newly freed blacks becoming armed. Gun Control has its roots in racism.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I challenge you to come up with a single documented law from any city or town pre-1800s that stated any such restrictions. You will not be able to find one. They didn't have those restrictions until much later. The vast majority of the early gun control laws in the U.S. were instituted in the south due to fear of newly freed blacks becoming armed. Gun Control has its roots in racism.

[Broken External Image]

****ing racist bostonians seizing all the gunpowder and firearms so they don't blow themselves up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1790_United_States_Census

Too bad the 1790 census listed no slaves in the town of Boston.

It appears a decision in 1783( 3 years prior to this act ) ended legal slavery in the state of Massachusetts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom