OMG guys ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap lady, what are you doing? Smuggling in illegals from Mexico?

I bet you’re not pleased at all with that.

Actually I am tickled to death! I mean, I could live without the fiasco that is my hallway and bathroom right now but small price to pay, as they say.

Next week comes the REAL fun -- we are tearing out the kitchen and replacing the electric appliances with gas ones. It'll be a mess for a while -- but Grumpy can just hang at the hotel until it's done. He'll be fine. I'll be fine. The cats?? Yeah ... Man I dunno about them. They are absolutely NOT impressed ....at ALL! 😂😂😂

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for ya. I just finished up a total gut out. It has been a *****, has been 14 years since we took on another total gut out. I don’t think we are up for another. All that is left is paint the outside trim.

Looks like you are doing some room rearrangement?

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You learn the darndest things sitting in your old man's recliner, listening to the men in your hallway ...

I did NOT know that the condensation from a a heater/AC/or tankless hot water heater (ok, I didn't know tankless hot water thingees generated condensation) was acidic. 🤷

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel for ya. I just finished up a total gut out. All that is left is paint the outside trim.

Looks like you are doing some room rearrangement?

Yep. Basically flipping the dining room and kitchen so the front is an open floor plan-type concept, instead of the itty-bitty t-tiny rooms and closet-sized entryway we have now.

I learned something else today. According to the woman living behind us, the old man who built this house was a concrete engineer. Which makes sense now. 😂😂😂

Although I do have to say the guys here working were less than impressed when they realized that 4 foot by 25 foot section they cut out of the pad in the back has rebar thru it every 6 inches. BOTH ways ... 😳🫣😬 They just THOUGHT they were gonna bust it up with a hammer and haul it off. 🤦🤦

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next week comes the REAL fun -- we are tearing out the kitchen and replacing the electric appliances with gas ones.

That's exactly what I'm doing as soon as mom can't cook anymore and that day isn't far off. She's been cooking on electric for over 50 years and the thought of her using a gas range is quite simply terrifying!

:yikes2: :hellno:

It'll be a simple matter for a plumber to run a couple of gas lines as the one for the hot water tank is real close by to splice into. My pressure canner and all my cast iron will work also much better. Well everything really... :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom