Occipital Cellulitis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scott might have been onto something with the chronic laryngitis being a symptom of something more serious. Shhhhh ... Don't tell him I said he was right after all!! 😱😉😂😂
Strep, possibly. Nasty stuff. Damages heart valves, among other things, IIRC. Get in as fast as you can. Had a couple toenails removed years ago, to try to fight chronic fungal infections. Couple days later I looked like I was wearing knee-high red boots. Got to wear a PICC, peripherally inserted cardiac catheter, while they were having me dump ciprofloxicin into it. And telling me that lifing more than 5 pounds while I was wearing the PICC could kill me. First and please God last experience with cellulitis.

Take good care of yourself!

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Optometrist? I’d be looking for an MD eye surgeon instead of an OD who does refraction exams. I’ll bet the OD will refer you to the ophthalmologist. Maybe the OD can get you in to a MD sooner? Sorry it takes 30-45 days. That sucks.
Good luck

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Optometrist? I’d be looking for an MD eye surgeon instead of an OD who does refraction exams. I’ll bet the OD will refer you to the ophthalmologist. Maybe the OD can get you in to a MD sooner? Sorry it takes 30-45 days. That sucks.
Good luck

Ok ... I am "supposed" to get a call back from Dean A McGee tomorrow. In the meantime I'll go see this optometrist in the morning and talk to him. And I am waiting on a call from the ENT my PC is referring me to.

It looks so much better this evening than it did this morning. I think I'm probably gonna be fine, but until I'm another 72 hours into treatment (and my swelling and rash is gone completely) I'm not taking anything for granted.

It amazes me how difficult it is to get timely care these days.

Thank you guys so much for your advice and good thoughts. I appreciate y'all more than you know. For a bunch of angry old farts y'all are a pretty good bunch ..
😉🤗😘

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goodness @THAT Gurl, I'm only seeing this thread now. Hopefully you're getting better. Why is it that as soon as I read your first post, immediately afterwards I felt like I needed to rub my eyes, and then I thought about what I've done since I last washed my hands. It's like not itching until someone else says they have an itch.....or when another person yawns.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok ... I am "supposed" to get a call back from Dean A McGee tomorrow. In the meantime I'll go see this optometrist in the morning and talk to him. And I am waiting on a call from the ENT my PC is referring me to.

It looks so much better this evening than it did this morning. I think I'm probably gonna be fine, but until I'm another 72 hours into treatment (and my swelling and rash is gone completely) I'm not taking anything for granted.

Thank you guys so much for your advice and good thoughts. I appreciate y'all more than you know. For a bunch of angry old farts y'all are a pretty good bunch ..
😉🤗😘
Well crap! There goes grumpy's fantasy opportunity!
images (27).jpeg

J/K! Glad you're pulling through it. :thumbup3:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

😉🤗😘
This is usually the time that folks slack off on their antibiotics because things are getting better. Especially if they upset the stomach. Just finish your regimen and eat. Eat yogurt too to regrow your gut fauna because the antibiotics will kill it off.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is usually the time that folks slack off on their antibiotics because things are getting better. Especially if they upset the stomach. Just finish your regimen and eat. Eat yogurt too to regrow your gut fauna because the antibiotics will kill it off.

Oh nope! I am NOT one of those people.

Ok ... So the optometrist said that while the antibiotics are not hurting me he thinks this is a viral infection. And it's contagious -- so good thing I've been sleeping on the sofa. I think I'm thru the worst of it ... Should be over with in another week to 10 days. And "don't be surprised" if I get it in the other eye. Gave me some wipes to use on both eyes 3 or 4 times a day ...

If I'm not "markedly" better by Friday, then I should stick my head back in the door there (the optometrist) Friday morning.

And I'm still supposed to keep my appointment with the ENT -- Just to be on the safe side.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it wasn't for doctor appointments I might never leave the property. Wife likes 'em...because it gets me to town where I wind up buying her lunch and dinner and stopping in to various stores because "we need it"...whatever it has to be. And I know that's complete bulls**t because I have never IN MY LIFE needed anything from Hobby Lobby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom