Open carry weapons, holsters & license display!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

ShotOfJack

First of all, I appreciate your idea on how to tote your credentials. :thumb::thumb:

However, we cops don't get some kind of pervese sensation from checking ID cards. :rubhands: It's just something that has to be done.

Secondly, it's not that we get "tired" of checking a person's ID. Why would you think that eventually we would get tired of asking for a person's SDA card? It's not like digging a ditch or something. It's a job we have to do and you have to comply with.

If you wear a weapon in the open, we're gonna ask for an SDA card. Period. It's just that simple

It is the law of the land.

So let it be written...so let it be done.

its NOT the law of the LAND , It's Legislation, which is the law of the sea. or admiralty maritime law.
Yes you "Peace officers" are enforcing code according to international law.
NOT in accordance with the law of the land.

Last edited:

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got no problem showing my ID. I understand what GED is saying. I may carry OWB, but I'll have a shirt covering up. Don't need every Tom, Dick, and Harry and all their relatives running to the nearest LEO saying I have a gun. Hell, my CCL might enjoy seeing some sunlight!!

C

Clay

The most hijacked thread in history right here.
So much fail.
Hijack-Duke_Nukem_Mission.gif

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law doesnt mandate an officer to check ID... but if he asks you shall comply.

GED... you work in and many of us live in- small towns. If you check me every day at the coffee shop I'd think that is a little above and beyond...maybe even have a chat with your boss.

In places that have OC a couple of things evolve. Dispatchers learn to screen calls... officer's learn to watch people before they confront. It' called common sense and good police work. After a while you figure out what normal is,even with open guns in the mix and you move on to the next event.

You guys still tail every fast red car in town--- in case he speeds? LOL

This. I can't believe GED would be in the "if you don't have anything to hide" camp.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wearing a bright green luggage tag from your belt loops will likely draw more attention from Joe public than carrying the firearm itself.

Plus luggage tags are like soooo last season...

Mods need to clean this thread of all it's baggage, this thread has potential to be cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom