Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevellex69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im with you Moboost..
I like to play devil's advocate as well:
I assume you are police officer, therefore you open carry for living ... I guess "do as I say not as I do" feels pretty darn good. ;)

I am curious to how LEO's will react to it if its passed. If the bill that passes requires you to have the cc liscence to open carry, will that make us when we choose to do so subject to every passing officer who wants to see our SDA card. If they are not in favor of it, i wouldnt doubt if we saw some over the top harrasment from them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im with you Moboost..

I am curious to how LEO's will react to it if its passed. If the bill that passes requires you to have the cc liscence to open carry, will that make us when we choose to do so subject to every passing officer who wants to see our SDA card. If they are not in favor of it, i wouldnt doubt if we saw some over the top harrasment from them.

Not unless you are detained for some other reason...jay walking maybe?

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have an idea, why don't we pass open carry, fire all the cops, close down the police stations and just have all us shoot anyone who breaks the laws. We could then stop worrying about spending too much government money. How does that sound? Isn't concealed carry really enough???? I don't want to advertise that I am armed, my CCW is more than enough for me.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an idea, why don't we pass open carry, fire all the cops, close down the police stations and just have all us shoot anyone who breaks the laws. We could then stop worrying about spending too much government money. How does that sound? Isn't concealed carry really enough???? I don't want to advertise that I am armed, my CCW is more than enough for me.

That would make sense if OK was the first state proposing open carry and it was something radically new.

We should always remember that around 43 states have open carry already. And they all have police forces, and open carry does not seem to be hurting anyone in these 43 states.

Open carry is not about whether you wish to open carry or not, rather it is about creating a a mindset amongst the population that seems to be getting lost: that guns are just a tool in the hands of responsible citizenry, and not some illicit item/guilty self-indulgence that requires a privilege to use.

Remember that in ancient civilizations one of the characteristics of a slave was that they were not allowed to own weapons.

Also, note that we entrust common citizens with a deadly weapon everyday: cars and trucks! These can create more mayhem than handguns, and yet we don't see people mowing others down, do we?

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Can we say reductio ad absurdum?! If you don't want to carry open, don't. Like was said earlier, 43 other states have some form of open carry. It's about having the freedom to make the decision on how to carry, and not be told how to carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom