Pain pills keep you up longer than normal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an area you shouldn’t judge till you been in there shoes.
Tell that to the legislature and the prosecutors who are harassing pain management doctors. My docs are scared stiff and walking on eggshells every time they write prescriptions and have decreased the amount they will write for, several times. No politician should tell a doctor how to treat a patient, they are not physicians.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was seeing a neurologist in Norman for several months re: all the side effects of severe tinnitus...migraines, no sleep, vertigo, etc...

Every time I saw her she prescribed some new medication because nothing worked for what was wrong. I have a WalMart bag full of pills that didn't do anything other than create unwanted side effects.

Finally I just stopped going. I take Ibuprofen at night and that works as well as anything else. Getting off all the meds hasn't really helped the tinnitus but it sure has helped in other areas. I'm sleeping much better and the migraines have nearly disappeared.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an area you shouldn’t judge till you been in there shoes.

Truer words have never been spoken. But something I have learned over the years is that even then, with pain management, even then we shouldn't judge. This thread is living proof of that. What works for me, doesn't for many. And just because I might need more than most people to control my pain doesn't make me a junkie.

I fought going to pain management for YEARS because I believed all the BS about it was gonna make me an addict, aspirin and NSAIDS work just as good. Blah blah blah ...

I am " " this close to quitting pain management and just drinking. What?!?!? What's that??!?!?!? I'll turn into an alcoholic. Well ladeee****ingdah! At least the guy at the liquor store won't treat me like I have leprosy ... 🤷 I'll kill myself??!?!? Again ... LDFNGDah. If I cannot get help from our esteemed members of the ******* medical community what should I do?? Bite popsicle sticks until they break in half and then have the ER nurse tell me I don't have to be so dramatic?? Yeah ... In case you cannot tell I am REALLY over all this **** ...

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My back was really hurting on a fishing trip and my buddy who was a Marine medic said let's try something. I had some sterile syringes that l used to inject air into worms and make float up off the bottom of the river so we stopped and bought some distilled water which he filled a syringe with and injected the distilled water into the nerve trigger points in my back at night and in the morning and at lunch. Crazy as it sounds the pain went away by the second morning and l finished the week up pain free. Never went on another fishing trip without my back survival package

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My back was really hurting on a fishing trip and my buddy who was a Marine medic said let's try something. I had some sterile syringes that l used to inject air into worms and make float up off the bottom of the river so we stopped and bought some distilled water which he filled a syringe with and injected the distilled water into the nerve trigger points in my back at night and in the morning and at lunch. Crazy as it sounds the pain went away by the second morning and l finished the week up pain free. Never went on another fishing trip without my back survival package
A Marine Medic eh? Was he a foreigner?

Latest posts

Top Bottom