Pain pills keep you up longer than normal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My back was really hurting on a fishing trip and my buddy who was a Marine medic said let's try something. I had some sterile syringes that l used to inject air into worms and make float up off the bottom of the river so we stopped and bought some distilled water which he filled a syringe with and injected the distilled water into the nerve trigger points in my back at night and in the morning and at lunch. Crazy as it sounds the pain went away by the second morning and l finished the week up pain free. Never went on another fishing trip without my back survival package
This sounds like something my crew would have tried but used Vodka instead.

don ewald

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is all.
Everybody is different. I've been taking 1 to 2 Hydrocone a day for the last 8 years. It's like another person taking two aspirin. I function just fine. To sleep, I take a Trazodone and 10mg melatonin 30 minutes before bed. Right to sleep for 8 hours. Been doing this for years as well. I'm 78 and show no effects from my regime. All my doctors are good with it. Would this work for the masses, no. It's my natural high drug tolerance, which was not so much a blessing in the 80s. I feel for those who are not drug tolerant and suffer with pain. Same with sleep. I took me time to find the right combination, so don't get discourage.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's when the pain meds get abused when trouble starts. Brett Favre was taking 55 pills a day seeking a high.
One must commit to not chasing the buzz. If it's for true chronic pain control, one will easily control that urge for a buzz and only seek pain control, instead of seeking a buzz. Otherwise it can be downhill and they might lose the 'privilege'. I took pp years ago and got off them so I can relate to those that need them. Other than constipation the side effect
one needs to be constantly keen on is apathy. It can sneak up on a person.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's when the pain meds get abused when trouble starts. Brett Favre was taking 55 pills a day seeking a high.
One must commit to not chasing the buzz. If it's for true chronic pain control, one will easily control that urge for a buzz and only seek pain control, instead of seeking a buzz. Otherwise it can be downhill and they might lose the 'privilege'. I took pp years ago and got off them so I can relate to those that need them. Other than constipation the side effect
one needs to be constantly keen on is apathy. It can sneak up on a person.

Then punish Brett Farve. Both he and his doctor ought to be in jail. But to treat the rest of us who actually need and use our pain meds appropriately like we are "chasing the high" is unconscionable.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Then punish Brett Farve. Both he and his doctor ought to be in jail. But to treat the rest of us who actually need and use our pain meds appropriately like we are "chasing the high" is unconscionable.
You coming to the meet up In the morning and bringing me those damn cookies or are you gonna be home chasing that high? 😜

Latest posts

Top Bottom