price gouging and sellers market.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only people this hurts are those who were not prepared. Having said that, of course higher prices and scarce availability are a pain in the rear, and i dont like them any more than the rest of us.
I have found shortcomings in my preparedness in lieu of this situation and have made adjustments to compensate for the future.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HAHAHH what he said! we need to have a speculators corner section devoted to said items...its reall annoyin for us regular gun junkies that wanna buy guns, not mags at a 500% markup

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not motivated to sell my magazines at msrp. As a consumer, that's about what I'll have to pay to replace them.

When magazine prices get stupid high, then I feel motivated. My magazines get added to the market, increasing supply and putting downward pressure on the market price.

If you fix the price at msrp, there would be very few magazines left for sale. At least the high price keeps the market moving.

I'll be real glad when things go back to normal. I'd rather have cheap mags for everybody than sit around wondering if I should sell mine.

madbrad

Marksman
Reaction score
I agree its our own fault we panic and pay those prices its called supply and demand if we stopped demanding the prices will drop when they stop selling at those crazy prices

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny to me that when folks talk about the community of OSA vs. Price-gouging (and saying go ahead and charge all you want, just do it elsewhere), we get a speech about the market and how it works.

Yet some of those same vendors doling out speeches and price-gouging are the first to turn to the community to support the local brick-and-mortar store vs. ordering on the net. That's not very free-market at all.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to thank whoever posted the link for Herter's 7.62x39 through Cabela's for $254.50 case/1000/shipped. Definetly a much better deal than paying someone $600 for the same amount on the board. The following day aimsurplus sent me an e-mail and they had Wolf 7.62x39 for about the same price too. You don't have to get hosed on ammo prices if you look around. I saw a post for .223 PMC for $600 or 800...ripoff. I bought a case for $400 around the last "shortage" from Medlock's. Be patient, there are still decent deals to be found.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree Thorgrim, these prices are going to come down when supply comes back in.
Now sell me an AK for $500 before i panic and buy one for more. Lol!

These gougers better go ahead and unload their stuff before the prices drop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom