Pushmataha Draw Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Got my gear packed and I'm headed to bigfoot country tomorrow. It looks like the weather this weekend is going to warm and windy. Hopefully with the lack of moon and the rut kicking in, the bucks will be moving during daylight hours. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

hey good luck to you

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish they would open up Push to rifle hunting...With all the clear cuts and wide open spaces its perfect for rifle. Keeping it bow/draw hunts only is a freakin' joke! We pay for it, we ought to be able to use it!

Ahhh NO...
the only reason Push is a s good as it is, is because they don't allow rifle. If they opened it up for what ever then it would be just as crappy as every other public hunting spot. There are plenty of public lands that we pay for that are bow only and need to stay that way.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys, just got back from my weekend at Push. Between the 3 of us, we brought home 3 bowls of tag soup. With the 70+ degree weather and winds gusting at over 20, it was tough going. We saw a total of 13 deer between us. 10 doe and 3 bucks, but no shooters. Jack said it was the worst controlled hunt they had ever had. I believe a total of 9 deer total were killed, and 2 or 3 of those were does. I still had a great time and got to see a lot of beautiful country. I found some great spots with tons of rubs, scrapes, trails etc that I hope to get a chance to hunt again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom