Question for Android users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had both iphones and droids and I love the droids over the iphone day in and out. My wife still has my 3GS and I now have a Samsung Captivate which is my 3rd droid based phone.

I love mine, I have my droid rooted with a custom rom and it flies for sure.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, very excited, I'm sure the android OS is very good and much more liberating, but I prefer the UI on iPhone, prefer the appearance of iPhone, prefer the flawless integration between it and my Mac, the integration of all my A/V programs with iTunes which comes around full circle to the iPhone, especially with the folders now I can get 8 pages of apps onto one sleek, clean screen, and even though Apple does try to play mommy way too much, I prefer their software and hardware, but make sure you post the video here, still be cool, btw Verizon rep told me that they will pay $150 towards an early termination fee if you want to try to switch now...

And I know that if the iPhone does come to Verizon, the flood of data will weaken the usable bandwidth, but hopefully it will still be better than AT&T...

If youre so in love, why change? You obviously are a MAC guy, just stick with it and embrace your "fantastic" call quality, "end when you want them to" calls, "Free and Open" application base, and "versatile" functionality.

Im a firm believer in not giving up on what you hold on to...

I still dont get why people hold onto the stone that MACs have an advatage over anything else other than a caveman can use their AIs. All that does is breed terminal neophytes.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If youre so in love, why change? You obviously are a MAC guy, just stick with it and embrace your "fantastic" call quality, "end when you want them to" calls, "Free and Open" application base, and "versatile" functionality.

I still dont get why people hold onto the stone that MACs have an advatage over anything else other than a caveman can use their AIs. All that does is breed terminal neophytes.

Bam. The truth.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, very excited, I'm sure the android OS is very good and much more liberating, but I prefer the UI on iPhone, prefer the appearance of iPhone, prefer the flawless integration between it and my Mac, the integration of all my A/V programs with iTunes which comes around full circle to the iPhone, especially with the folders now I can get 8 pages of apps onto one sleek, clean screen, and even though Apple does try to play mommy way too much, I prefer their software and hardware, but make sure you post the video here, still be cool, btw Verizon rep told me that they will pay $150 towards an early termination fee if you want to try to switch now...

And I know that if the iPhone does come to Verizon, the flood of data will weaken the usable bandwidth, but hopefully it will still be better than AT&T...

Two questions:

Have you tried one of the Android phones with HTC's SenseUI? Most of my iPhone buddies prefer it.

And is iTunes really worth it when you can save 11-20% for the same content elsewhere?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Especially when they pay a super-premium for a phone that is 6 months behind the curve on technology on its release date, and then proceed to accept Steve Jobs' lame excuses for flaws as gospel. (*cough* "You're holding it wrong.")

tmadlock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really excited about the iPhone coming to verizon? I hate my iPhone with a passion. When my contract expires I'm getting a Droid on Verizon (The only thing I hate more than this POS phone is ATTs service) and shooting the 3GS with my 338 Lapua at 500m. And I'm videoing it down range.

Can't wait to see that video! Death to DRM! Where is the logic in buying something, but not actually owning it?:rubhands:

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Because I want to move to Verizon and the droids are the best choice (FOR ME) until the iPhone goes there(in MY opinion). I couldnt care less about "free and open", I prefer the UI.

What I don't understand is why you care why I prefer my apple products. they fit my needs better 95% of the time. you prefer Droid/Microsoft/Linux, or whatever you use because it fits your needs, leave it at that...

Two questions:

Have you tried one of the Android phones with HTC's SenseUI? Most of my iPhone buddies prefer it.

And is iTunes really worth it when you can save 11-20% for the same content elsewhere?

I have messed around with a few of my coworkers phones with that UI and I have no problems with it, I just still like mobile iOS better. But its not worth the lack of service when I am out on a rig...

Bam. The truth.

The truth to you and those who share your opinions aren't the truth to everyone, so no, it's not the truth, its a statement you agree with...

Especially when they pay a super-premium for a phone that is 6 months behind the curve on technology on its release date, and then proceed to accept Steve Jobs' lame excuses for flaws as gospel. (*cough* "You're holding it wrong.")

The whole death grip thing was a joke that was handled completely wrong, if I had been in those shoes and handled the circumstance like that I would be embarassed...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really excited about the iPhone coming to verizon? I hate my iPhone with a passion. When my contract expires I'm getting a Droid on Verizon (The only thing I hate more than this POS phone is ATTs service) and shooting the 3GS with my 338 Lapua at 500m. And I'm videoing it down range.

I had a dream last night.

I envisioned a pound of Hotshot Exploding Target propping up the iPhone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom