Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made no mention of supporting law enforcement.

I'm talking about stopping the rioters/looters themselves.

Perhaps on their own property, but not in the general public at large.

I thought Shepard Smith did a good job asking question of the asst coroner. Gave some different possible insights to specific wounds.

As far as Tulsa or OKC, I think property owners would step up. I was asking more about the protesting and reactions to protesters/LEOs.

Im comming from my view that Ferguson PD reacted too forceful at the outset. Aiming weapons and intimidating citizen protesters and harassing the press are big no no's in my opinion.

If the news and eyewitness reports are factual, I'd be dissapointed if some local LEO's didn't wind up in federal prison over these post shooting incidents.

This is a fictiona charachter quote, but it's quite apropos:

"There’s a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people." – Bill Adama, Battlestar Galactica

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, don't forget this has been a top selling shirt around there for like, almost a decade now:

rinawear.com_wordpress_wp_content_uploads_2014_08_NOshirt.jpg

Gotta love the small businessman. Makin a buck off a truth.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perhaps on their own property, but not in the general public at large.

If the news and eyewitness reports are factual, I'd be dissapointed if some local LEO's didn't wind up in federal prison over these post shooting incidents.

This is a fictiona charachter quote, but it's quite apropos:

Obama kinda said the same thing in his little "umm, ya, umm let me be clear" speech a few.mins ago.

But it rings true. When the military has to come to rescue the people from the LEOs, it has hit the fan.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The details of the shooting remain unclear, with witnesses telling conflicting stories about whether Brown attacked the officer, or whether he was walking away with his hands in the air, before being fatally shot.

A video posted to YouTube Thursday purports to show the scene of the Aug. 9 shooting, but as the*Conservative Treehouse noted*Friday, a conversation heard in the background of the video (starting at around the 6:30 mark) offers some damning allegations: Brown may have rushed the officer who shot him.

The transcript, from the Conservative Treehouse:

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck

{crosstalk}

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him

{crosstalk}

#2 Then the next thing I know*he doubled back toward him cus*- the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like –*but he kept coming toward him

{crosstalk}

#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing

#1 The Police?

#2 The Police shot him

#1 Police?

#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about*“he took it from him”)

The account offered by the alleged eyewitness seems to echo an account given by an alleged friend of the officer, Darren Wilson, who shot Brown.

The*alleged friend called into Dana Loesch’s radio program Friday*and claimed that Wilson had been attacked multiple times by Brown before finally shooting the teenager.

“[Brown] just started bum rushing [Wilson],” the caller said. “He just started coming at him full speed.*And, so [Wilson] just started shooting.”

The alleged friend’s identity has not been verified, and the video that allegedly captured an honest, immediate eyewitness testimony has also not been firmly verified.

theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/17/does-this-video-vindicate-the-officer-who-shot-michael-brown/

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The details of the shooting remain unclear, with witnesses telling conflicting stories about whether Brown attacked the officer, or whether he was walking away with his hands in the air, before being fatally shot.

A video posted to YouTube Thursday purports to show the scene of the Aug. 9 shooting, but as the*Conservative Treehouse noted*Friday, a conversation heard in the background of the video (starting at around the 6:30 mark) offers some damning allegations: Brown may have rushed the officer who shot him.

The transcript, from the Conservative Treehouse:

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck

{crosstalk}

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him

{crosstalk}

#2 Then the next thing I know*he doubled back toward him cus*- the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like –*but he kept coming toward him

{crosstalk}

#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing

#1 The Police?

#2 The Police shot him

#1 Police?

#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about*“he took it from him”)

The account offered by the alleged eyewitness seems to echo an account given by an alleged friend of the officer, Darren Wilson, who shot Brown.

The*alleged friend called into Dana Loesch’s radio program Friday*and claimed that Wilson had been attacked multiple times by Brown before finally shooting the teenager.

“[Brown] just started bum rushing [Wilson],” the caller said. “He just started coming at him full speed.*And, so [Wilson] just started shooting.”

The alleged friend’s identity has not been verified, and the video that allegedly captured an honest, immediate eyewitness testimony has also not been firmly verified.

theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/17/does-this-video-vindicate-the-officer-who-shot-michael-brown/

Maybe thats true.....citizens still have a right to protest. Citizens can still scream and yell at cops or chant slogans. Citizens have a right to civil disobedience without being harassed or intimidated or rounded up in "pens" where the protest wont have an effect.

The mefia was told not to film or video unless shooting "live". Wtf is that about? Cant newsprint report news? Do interveiws or just report? Why does it matter if its live programming?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I hurt your feelers and that you can't respond with the required restraint. As to the rest of your post, Keep Calm and Read Post #293. As for the militarization of the police, apparently you haven't noted my longstanding position on that issue (not to mention my position on nighttime warrant service).

As to the "community" of Ferguson, they have issues that go far beyond their PD. I simply find it telling as to what it takes to get them off their butts and call for change. I also find it telling as to the manner in which they go about calling for change. You do tend to reap what you sow in this world. JMO, YMMV

You haven't hurt my feelers and I am calm.

As to post #23 what part? How does it deal with any of the questions asked about the police handling of the situation(allowing looting but confronting protestors) or actions against the press?

As to the eyewitnesses part I would say that given the growing list of wrongful convictions nationwide when viewed in the light of the number of problems and wrongdoings at evidence labs, the fact that "testilying" has long been recognized by legal experts and not been dealt with and that the 2009 report by the National Academy of Sciences regarding forensics and calling for major reforms was basically buried maybe we should ask what can be relied on as opposed to what can't. But again it seems we will not address issues that may change the status quo.

As to independent reviews I agree with the calls for review boards comprised of citizens with no Gov. or any other type connections to those they're reviewing, you know the we the people thing as opposed to the we the Gov. thing.

My posting about police militarization was not aimed at you, it was only meant as an opinion by someone I figured everyone could agree was an experienced expert for anyone who wanted to consider it.

As for the community of Ferguson I'm trying not to pass complete judgment. It's clear there are some there who are wrong but it's also clear by some protestors trying to stop looting and logic that there are good people there too. I'm not sure what the answer is but I know it's not lumping all into the bad category by association and also hypocritical when we do and don't allow the same for other groups. We would like to say the good will come forward and overcome the bad but in reality we know good is not always the stronger.

Yes you reap what you sow but as the story of Job and many profitable criminals show it's often a matter of timing.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/dershowitz_test_981201.htm#N_14_

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Con...prehensive_Reform_of_US_Forensic_Sciences.php

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the location, I wouldn't bet on it. Tulsa has a spotty record on supporting law enforcement when it's 100% legit. Take an iffy situation that the official reports are pending investigation and it could get ugly quick. :(

In fairness some would contend Tulsa law enforcement has a spotty record at times also.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still think the local Leo's were under mined by the state and feds.

People have right of PEACEFUL protest, once you start looting and being violent, you become a criminal. Order should have been restored so the peaceful protesters could continue.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still think the local Leo's were under mined by the state and feds.

People have right of PEACEFUL protest, once you start looting and being violent, you become a criminal. Order should have been restored so the peaceful protesters could continue.

I'm not sure who undermined who but you're completely right the second part is what should have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom