Rock River 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rra 1911s are some of the best non custom 1911s out there. Almost bought one last week. Now that they are making them again, I will be on the lookout.... And anyone questioning why nicer are 1911s are so pricey just doesn't get it. A custom 1911 is a work of art.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned 6 RR 1911's at one time,sold most of them here on the boards. only one I have left is an elite commando. as surjimmy can attest I have had many custom and semi custom 1911's as has he. I believe the orginal RR 1911 to be superior to night hawks and wilsons. I personally prefer them to ed browns. no idea about the new ones......time will tell

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When Mark and Chuck were doing them Prior to going ALL IN with the AR platform, i'd put them up there in the ratings......... Mark passed and they continued full steam with AR's. I am not sure who or whom is working them any longer but I would like to think they are worth a try. The early DW 1911's are nice, unsure about current versions.

TRP is tough to beat, but those Rocks would be worth a shot as they have good parts and a good history. I may be biased due to past issues, but i'd take it over a WC......Les Baer or Pistol Dynamics would be the only Trump cards. IMO.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think this would be comparable to a DW Valor? Because this is only $51 less than the MSRP on an all stainless Valor. I just can't see why anyone would choose it over one of those? :anyone:

As much as I love DW.... RRA is a slightly better build or was. Granted they were more expensive. They used to use all tool steel parts, forged frames, and Kart barrels. Splitting hairs mostly with personal preference IMO.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like that was 5-7 years ago that they stopped offer those, Did Barry build that frame/slide combo up for you? I think I've seen the pics around here. Do you remember if he had any specific comments or thoughts about the RRA frames or slides?

Yep. Barry did that one. Turned out beautifully. Would love to send one to Mike.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom