Rock River

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thoughts on Rock River AR's? I know that's a 2,000ft view question. The Rock River LAR-15 is the only AR I've ever owned. I'm very happy with it and looking at others. Just don't know about sticking with the RR "brand."

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thoughts on Rock River AR's? I know that's a 2,000ft view question. The Rock River LAR-15 is the only AR I've ever owned. I'm very happy with it and looking at others. Just don't know about sticking with the RR "brand."
RRA used to kind of be the gold standard, and in my opinion, they will still do as much and last as long as brand XYZ that you pay twice as much for.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They normally set up at Camp Perry. They are awesome to deal with there.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve owned three different models of RRA, flawless function on all. The most expensive one bought back in the early 1990’s, a 20” heavy barrel CMP model, $1100. Used to participate in High Power rifle competition with it. Loved that National Match rear aperture/thin profile front sight. Current model owned is a LAR-15 RRAGE 16” carbine with no forward assist assembly. Slick and flat down the right side. Have put a few hundred rounds down the pipe with no failures, hiccups or bobbles. I clean and lube after range trips.100-150ish rounds per. Maybe it’s true about not needing the FA. Thought I had to have a piston action model, bought a LWRC, enjoyed shooting it, way easier, faster to clean the bolt/carrier group. But, noticablely front heavy, muzzle heavy. Now I know some pros and cons of piston action ARs’ and direct gas impingement original actions. Now came to the conclusion, I can maintain DI actions, keep those bolt locking lugs lubed. They run like a champ when maintained.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom