Speeding ticket warning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must of got off of i40 east on sunnylane on the service rd to Sunnylane if you are turning right you will get a ticket. There is a sign there saying no right on red. Plus in del city you will get a ticket for sure. I know

LOL, get nailed there? I never even seen the sign or noticed the light, had to go back, only to find it's like 1/3 of the way up on the pole, away from all the others. When he told me what I did I was like, wha? lol. Oh well. Needless to say, I never get off on Sunnylane now.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got stopped by catoosa pd a couple weeks ago. There was this really nice 85-86 mustang GT and I was trying to catch up to it to look at it, was doing 50 in a 40, got a radar hit, hit the brakes but i got stopped for no seatbelt. The officer was polite and professional and actually friendly, and didnt give me the 3rd degree about having a utah non-res carry permit. So i got to donate $20 to catoosa's revenue.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shared this story before, but it fits in perfectly here.

Several years ago I was driving west on 23rd St through Spencer and traffic was somewhat thick. I was needing to get over in order to turn north. I was in the left lane. I usually plan my routes better than that, but there just wasn't enough room to squeeze in anywhere. About 100-150 yards away from the intersection I found an opening. I sped up and squeezed my 88 Honda CRX into this space between a Ford Expedition and a black Chevy Malibu.

Instantly, the Malibu lights up like a Christmas tree, it was an unmarked car. He does the usual routine and tells me, "You know, I don't mind if you speed a little bit. Just don't blow my doors off and cut me off only to tailgate the guy in front of me." He said this in a serious, yet laid back tone. He didn't even check my license and didn't even leave my window, he handed my stuff back and said "slow it down" and let me go.

Maybe 1 week later I was driving south on Sooner Rd between 23rd and 10th St, where I've driven hundreds of times and have never once seen a cop. I forget the speed limit, but I'm doing any where between 10-15 MPH over. I pass a black Malibu driving the opposite direction and suddenly in my mirror I see brake lights and a u-turn. There go the lights again, it's another unmarked Malibu.

The officer comes up to my window and says, "You just don't learn, do you?". He tapped the roof of my car in a "get out of here/last warning" fashion, walked back to his car and let me go. It was the same guy as the week before. Seemed like a pretty cool guy who was more concerned about public safety than he was punishing me or filling a quota. Out of respect for him, I slowed down from then on (in his area).

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wait till you get a verbal for 98 in a 45, left of center on a double yellow, operation in a manner not safe and reasonable, and reckless driving.

All because I passed a county sheriff trying to get ahead of the slow cars before the twisty bits of road came up.

I passed him, saw the big gold star on the side of the vehicle, sat the front wheel back down on the ground pulled in in front of him and turned my blinker on. I knew I was done. He barely got his lights on before I was pulled over.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. That is how I have managed to stay relatively ticket free the last 15 years. Sometimes I still get a Dbag who will write one up on me, but If you pull over, don't make them chase you down, have your chit ready, and are courteous, then you are more likely to get off. I have even had hipos let me off with a warning, and that doesn't happen often. There are good and bad cops.

Bad cop story- I was headed across town (stillwater) to pick up my wife and daughter at dance practice, I had my youngest boy in the car with me. Tag was out, but I had already been to the tag agency, where they gave me a new tag, not just a sticker. I had not changed it yet. This jackwagon pulls me over, he's itching to give me a ticket. I tell him I have the plate and that I will put it on right now. He barks at me to stay in my seat (I hadn't moved or made an attempt to exit the vehicle). Then my son, then 5 unbuckles and pops his head up to my window and says "are going to jail daddy?" I tell my boy to sit down and the officer yells at my kid "Son, you need to sit back down in your seat". He didn't say it calmly, he yelled it. Scared my son, he was very upset that the cop yelled at him. I was furious, but nothing I could do, I was still trying to get out of this prick giving me a ticket, which he did, even though the taxes were paid on the car. As soon as he left, I went got my wife and daughter and drove straight to the copshop. I talked to the guy's supervisor, who said that the officer had already radioed in about me, saying that he might hear from me. I explained what happened, that I was furious that this prick had scared the crap out of my 5 year old (who didn't trust cops from then on, nice job Ahole). That I didn't care about the ticket, no judge in the country would uphold that (which they didn't, got tossed out in seconds in court), but that now my son has his first experience with a police officer and it is a scary one. The supervisor (whose kids go the same school as my kids) had a talk with my son, let him ask questions, etc. I appreciated the way the supervisor handled the situation.

Had that jackass not been wearing a badge, he would have received a nice thump on his for talking to my kid like that.

Good cop story-
On a Mopar-sponsored road rally (simialr to bullrun or cannonball), I get off the freeway in Wisconsin. I didn't see the sign where the speed went from 55 to 35. I even saw the cop, but the sign was blocked by a semi truck. 7 blocks and 2 turns later, I see flashing lights. I pull over. We are in a hurry to get to the next checkpoint, which is 2 blocks away. This guy gets out, says that I was doign 46 in a 35. I tell him I never saw the sign. He then asks what "Mopar Moventure" is (we had stickers and flags on the car). We tell him and he says "Oh, ok, cool. I need to check your license", comes back to the car and says "I'm not writing you a ticket or a warning, you guys are probably in a hurry to get to that checkpoint, just keep it at the speed limit. Oh, and I have a 69 Charger and a 70 Cuda in my garage. Good luck on your rally"
Coolest cop I have ever met. Out of state, easily doing 11 over, admitted I didn't see the speed limit sign. Let us off because I was a Dodge. What are the chances of running into the one Mopar cop in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wait till you get a verbal for 98 in a 45, left of center on a double yellow, operation in a manner not safe and reasonable, and reckless driving.

All because I passed a county sheriff trying to get ahead of the slow cars before the twisty bits of road came up.

I passed him, saw the big gold star on the side of the vehicle, sat the front wheel back down on the ground pulled in in front of him and turned my blinker on. I knew I was done. He barely got his lights on before I was pulled over.

I had a simialr situation once, but not on a bike. this is 18 years ago. I was driving up Hefner parkway right after I had just put a new carb and intake on my 79 Regal with a Pontiac 400 in it. I was doing better than 120 in traffic (pure stupidity, I know) and blew by a motorcycle cop who had just finished giving somebody a ticket. He pulls out, I slow it down and and begging for an off ramp so I can take my chances on the side streets, but I was in the section where there is nothing for several miles. The cop is weaving through traffic, then pulls back over to the other side of the highway and stops. I was flabergasted. Even if he didn't have his gun on, I had no exhaust, and was weaving through traffic at well over 120. I should have gone to jail. Dude just didn't want to mess with it I guess. I will never understand that one. I don't drive that fast on the street anymore, fyi, I save that for the road course.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was driving one night in my 03 lightning. as im about a mile from city limits i notice a new mustang that came out of nowhere and was tailing me. so i let loose of the 425hp and shook him and was coasting to a slower speed before i hit city limits. well there happened to be a city officer parked in one of the hay fields. he pulled sideways in the street and turned his red and blues on. i pull over, and the officer happened to be the same officer i gave free car washes to at the local carwash. he tells me that he clocked me at 100+ in a 45mph zone. he then says he knows that my truck is fast but try to keep your speed down. i thank him go on my way. i didn't get a ticket, not even a written warning.

The funny thing was, the mustang that i left behind caught up when i let out and pulled over behind me. when the officer seen this he asked me what that guy was doing. sends me on my way and goes and gets the other drivers info. the other driver wasn't known for having the best morals or actions so i imagine that he found something to ticket the guy for.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your kid's band director is an idiot.

Why is that? It's a team, the team wins and loses together.
That ain't crap compared to what would happen to us in baseball if we were late to 6am work out. Heck you'd have a heart attack at what we had to do in collage cause me and another guy were late for curfew one time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom