Tatoos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apples to oranges. People wanting to engage in scientific study of human behavior seem to have significantly less bias than what's typically observed on OSA.

Exactly. Irrational fear goes a long way sometimes.

Not really that much different. Most people have a psychological reason behind getting a tattoo. If you understand just a little bit of the reason someone gets one it helps you understand them. Just food for thought.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apples to oranges. People wanting to engage in scientific study of human behavior seem to have significantly less bias than what's typically observed on OSA.

I couldn't agree more. I find tattoos interesting and often the people who sport them the same. I enjoy studying people, even those I don't have anything in common with. Not to mention, hot chicks are hot, but hot chicks with quality ink are INSANELY hot! :D

Exactly. Irrational fear goes a long way sometimes.

I couldn't disagree more. Clowns are an unholy abomination of nature and shouldn't be feared, but loathed with every fiber of one's being!

:)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really that much different. Most people have a psychological reason behind getting a tattoo. If you understand just a little bit of the reason someone gets one it helps you understand them. Just food for thought.

Yes, it's called expression, pretty common emotion. It's different if you really understand scientific study vs the sometimes hypocritical nature of OSA lol, but if you need that validation you can have it. My comment was towards the people who say.... "I just don't understand/get it" blah blah blah. If you are truly are objective then more power to you, some are, and some aren't. However on the flip side, there's a lot of judgment, that flies with Tatts, for whatever reason.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To some, Tats are a way of dealing with issues, a way of healing. Many folks with PTSD have Tats of events, friends, KIAs, etc. I cannot speak to the social prospectus and trends. To some, the pain of the Tat and the picture/design/words is a type of therapy. I personally have no opinion either way, but many men I know have Tats and every Tat to them has a meaning.

This answer is directed at why I have a tattoo. My wife has a terrible scar from knee surgery. She has incredible legs but would never wear shorts. She got a tattoo to cover the scar...all the time knowing her really conservative family would badger her badly for it. I got a tattoo also to spread the love around. Her family rolled eyes a bit but understood the message. She now wears shorts and feels good about herself. Mission accomplished.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the one that I have. It is, like many have mentioned, special to me for personal reasons. I keep saying I want to get a sleeve but never manage to find the time or the money. Priorities. Maybe one of these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom