taurus millenium pro???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get one look at the feed ramp, make sure it is polished well. I have a PT145 and haven't had any issues with it. They seem to be very sensitive to grip.

jacobshain

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is a tip that I found, even though you clean it after every time you shoot it I like to pull both my 40 and 45 apart and re-oil them right before I take them out the the range. I've never had a problem with jamming since I started doing that. My 40 would jam about every other mag and depending on the ammo my 45, which is a compact, jams about ever 10th round depending on the type of ammo. Now that they are both broken in they don't jam hardly ever, depends on if I'm shooting cheap ammo or my good ammo.

mash1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember when you buy a Taurus, you have to buy three
One going for repair, one coming back from repair and one you shoot.
Do that and just cycle through them and you'll be fine

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... I would stay away from Taurus. I work at academy and that is almost the only gun we ever see back for repair... ever... we see like a couple a week at our store. Some won't function fresh from the factory. Never seen a Glock, Springfield, CZ, or Smith M&P come back. Saw one beretta PX4 compact... Best gun under $400 at Academy is the Stoeger cougar. It comes in 9 and 40 s&w and 4 mags for $399. It's a full size gun though. It's the predecessor to the Beretta PX4.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm serious...not joking... we do sell a lot of guns, so you have to think about the volume too. We're the number one firearms buyer in the U.S. But we see about 10% of taurus back for repair. The Millenium pro is one of there better models though. Really stay away from the 800 series... like 25% of those come back... most we send back before we sell them. Taurus's problem is mainly a QC issue... you either get a good one or get a bad one and have to wait a month for it to go back to brazil.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm serious...not joking... we do sell a lot of guns, so you have to think about the volume too. We're the number one firearms buyer in the U.S. But we see about 10% of taurus back for repair. The Millenium pro is one of there better models though. Really stay away from the 800 series... like 25% of those come back... most we send back before we sell them. Taurus's problem is mainly a QC issue... you either get a good one or get a bad one and have to wait a month for it to go back to brazil.

So how do you know you have to send something back before you sell them?

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We look guns over before someone buys it. Like right now we have a 809 that the trigger doesn't let the hammer down... the disconnect slot on the slide needs to be machined out more. And a 24/7 pro compact titanium that the front sight moves back and forth about a quarter of an inch in the dovetail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom