Thunder Stadium Vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think and am sure a lot of small business in the area get great benefit from the Thunder being in OKC. Hotels, bars, restaurants and so on.
If they build a new location, businesses will follow. I've been all over the country seeing all the small businesses that flourish around the stadiums. It becomes destinations for those out of towners similar to bricktown although I hear you don't want to be down there after dark now.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thunder has brought a lot on activity to OKC. If they left, there would be many small, medium businesses fail. Thunder has made many significant donations to schools, fitness activities, social development, etc. so, yes, having a NBA team is a very significant asset to the community. Continuing the tax for a few more years ends up being a small investment with a very large return.

I haven’t made my decision yet, but I’m leaning toward voting yes.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think and am sure a lot of small business in the area get great benefit from the Thunder being in OKC. Hotels, bars, restaurants and so on.
If they build a new location, businesses will follow. I've been all over the country seeing all the small businesses that flourish around the stadiums. It becomes destinations for those out of towners similar to bricktown although I hear you don't want to be down there after dark now.
Not a safe area to be in at all after dark.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thunder has brought a lot on activity to OKC. If they left, there would be many small, medium businesses fail. Thunder has made many significant donations to schools, fitness activities, social development, etc. so, yes, having a NBA team is a very significant asset to the community. Continuing the tax for a few more years ends up being a small investment with a very large return.

I haven’t made my decision yet, but I’m leaning toward voting yes.

Having a major league franchise is a big deal.

We’re never gonna get football or baseball, at least not in my lifetime, so the NBA is the only shot OKC has at a big league franchise.

It would be a whole lot better if Presti could get them to the playoffs cause Oklahomans don’t support losers. When they were competing for a title it was a tough ticket. If they were a playoff team it would pass by a large margin. Not sure this is the year to take it to a vote, but Bennett didn’t ask me.

They need to trade for some stars and compete for a playoff spot. When they’re out of it in February it’s a tough sell. Presti needs to spend some of Clay’s money.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No new taxes, no continuing current taxes. Burn it all down. If they want to stay here, stay here, but no public money.
All those pro teams do this to the cities there in, they threaten them there leaving all the time unless they build new stadium's with more luxury boxes and tax breaks. I hope they leave and take all the BS with them.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather see them take the arena money and try to get some businesses to relocate here and actually put people to work. Instead of building something that 10 years from now that will be outdated and not good enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom