to chemo or not to chemo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends. If the cancer is detected in the early stage and the prognosis for a cure is high, then by all means I'd do the chemo. On the other hand, if it's like my brother had and it's stage 4 and realistically you're only going to live around a year, I'd pass on the chemo. No sense being miserable the last few months of your life.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would research everything else possible, depending on diagnosis. From what I understand and correct me if I'm wrong, chemo poisons your whole body and if successful the poisons side effect is killing the cancer.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would research everything else possible, depending on diagnosis. From what I understand and correct me if I'm wrong, chemo poisons your whole body and if successful the poisons side effect is killing the cancer.
Thats exactly right. The side effects of chemo usually are damage to other organs. The chemo creates a toxic environment that will kill you but they dose it so it only "nearly" kills you in hopes the cancer will leave town.

OKSpeedDemon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished up with 3 rounds of chemo and 6 weeks worth of radiation on my neck about 3 weeks ago. I have squamous cell carcinoma of the lymph node. I was very apprehensive about the chemo treatments. It has been a very tough road.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished up with 3 rounds of chemo and 6 weeks worth of radiation on my neck about 3 weeks ago. I have squamous cell carcinoma of the lymph node. I was very apprehensive about the chemo treatments. It has been a very tough road.
What is the prognosis? What side effects did you have and how bad were they?

Latest posts

Top Bottom