to chemo or not to chemo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father had colon cancer in 1990. He had chemo and radiation. He continues to have yearly check ups although the doctor said after this he could do them every 3 years (IIRC). He has been cancer free since. His sister had several bouts of cancer before it overcame her in 2006.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it will likely save my life or give me a fighting chance..... yes
If it will only prolong my life by 6 months...... no.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno what I'd do. I'm thinking there are a lot of things I'd have to take under advisement before I made my decision. BUT it would be my decision and I'd have to make it quick. GC and I have had this discussion and we have a fundamental philosophical difference of opinion here. He puts me in a very difficult position because I can't ask him to "help" and I'm terrified of waiting too long and not being able to do what needs to be done myself. So ... hmmmm ... I guess I'm saying that if you guys ever hear of me eating a bullet, don't mourn me. Rather go shoot something full auto, then have a good dinner and a Macallan 12 year, neat, of course, and remember me fondly ...

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very situation specific. If it was a last ditch effort to give me another 6 months, no. If they gave me a high success rate type answer, probably.

I have to agree with this for the most part. I know a woman going through it right now and she is weak and always sick. She has another treatment today and was dreading it but wants to stick around for her grandkids.

I have no children and the only family that really matters to me is my wife and her daughter. Without my wife, unless I have a really high success rate then I will probably just let things go and figure out a bucket list.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an aunt that had breast cancer, the radiation to her chest cooked her heart and she died shortly after the treament from heart failure.
Had a co-worker with prostate cancer and the radiation treatment cooked his intestines. Dont know if hes still alive but he was having horrible problems.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucess rate would have to be VERY high. Otherwise I camp, fish, hunt and fawk until I hurt pretty bad. Then I end it with a sunset, a stiff drink, a smile and a smoke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom