To those who are getting mature buck pics.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked my cam in Payne county yesterday - had big mature ten point at 7:30AM yesterday, and around 8:30AM Friday - really odd seeing a deer that size, that time of day. One spike showing up like clockwork.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
went cruising around yesterday evening looking for deer.I seen 50 in one field there was 4 bucks that i could tell that were bucks this was a very big alfalfa field the bucks were not no where close to one another.I seen 3 other bucks everyone of them was my their self which i find strange buck usely don't start splitting up until around 15th to 20th

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With days starting to get shorter, I figured we'd see some solitary activity this weekend, but the groups just aren't breaking up yet. like DEER 24/7, I'm guess mid Oct to last week of Oct before we start seeing first signs of activity changes for the big guys. I don't expect to get a shot at either of our giants until late Muzzleloader season or early Modern gun season.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's going to be unique based on area I'd think, I don't keep my bucks nocturnal, but other factors do..................I could never go into my area, but the farmers, ranchers, oil/gas trucks will still drive down the roads. It's not secluded and hidden from all human activity. In the center of the sections, I'll see larger bucks move before dark when glassing. Any larger bucks on cams that are close to everyday human travel are always nocturnal, until the rut...............and then they are usually bucks I've never seen before, and all the usual bucks on cam, are never seen again.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else have an update to this thread? I haven't checked my cameras since Oct 12th and all of my bucks were together, mainly at night roaming around. Anyone seeing any big bucks cruising yet, especially during the day?

Latest posts

Top Bottom