tractor supply in Prattville on HW 97 denied my dad's Veterans 100% tax exempt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deft not here to defend tractor supply, but I am a store manager for a retail chain and I have to admit I unfortunately have never heard of this tax exemption. We do offer tax exempt if they have a card, but wasn't aware of the disabled veteran one. Thanks for posting this info, I'm going to look into it in the morning and make sure I inform my staff about it too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deft not here to defend tractor supply, but I am a store manager for a retail chain and I have to admit I unfortunately have never heard of this tax exemption. We do offer tax exempt if they have a card, but wasn't aware of the disabled veteran one. Thanks for posting this info, I'm going to look into it in the morning and make sure I inform my staff about it too.

Good deal.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks for looking into it further. I'm giving the manager a chance tomorrow to make it right for my dad and hopefully he will look into the matter deeper as well. I've got the paper work ready for him if not.
Really glad this helped you and possibly have kept you from receiving a fine. By the way, they will fine the individual who refused the customer as well as the store so the cashier could end up getting the fine. Be sure to make your employees aware of that as well.
Thanks

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

As a merchant, the card would be the only way you would know if a veteran is qualified. Oklahoma has many disabled veterans, but not that many that are 100% service connected, permanently and totally disabled.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lowe's now offers a 10% military discount to all active duty military members, members of the Guard and Reserve, retired military members and their immediate family members. The 10% Lowe's discount also applies to disabled veterans and their families.

I think Home Depot does as well. You have to present proper military ID, or ID from the VA.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It honestly sounds like a kid that didn't know what they were talking about. Tractor supply does tax exempt for farm all the time. Cards are basically the same. I hope the manager makes it right and uses this as a training opportunity to all 7 of the Oklahoma Tax Exemptions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It honestly sounds like a kid that didn't know what they were talking about. Tractor supply does tax exempt for farm all the time. Cards are basically the same. I hope the manager makes it right and uses this as a training opportunity to all 7 of the Oklahoma Tax Exemptions.

I like tractor supply. When I use the farm tax ID that they keep on file, I get an itemized list of purchases that can be used for tax exemption at the end of the year.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wasnt a kid, Unfortunately it was a gentlemen around his late 50's and a woman who was probably in her late 30's/early 40's.
I really do hope it's just a case of them not knowing and they can make it right for the others who use this type of tax exemption .

Latest posts

Top Bottom