Trucks.. Ford Chevy or RAM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Chevy got a couple pinholes on 15 tries with the dropped toolbox. Ford received 13 big holes out of 15 attemps.
Yeah, a test which is COMPLETLEY irrelevant to anyone who actually buys a new half ton. On the other hand, flat cams and bad lifters is something that will affect EVERYONE who has a SBC with cylinder deactivation.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone cares at this point I think I just bought a 2012 f150. It only has 55k on it. A brand new one would of been nice but with the check I got for my totaled one I was able to add enough cash to be into this payment free
Nice. Payment free will be *so* much nicer than burning brand new off of it.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that's been interesting to me is seeing the race for the best pickup unfold over time. Seems like the pendulum swings back and forth across time. As in, for some period of years, Ford will make the 'overall' best truck...then for some period of years, Chevy will. Dodge chased the pendulum until their 1994 model, which was interesting. Then Toyota in the mix somewhere too. But, the race between Ford and Chevy trucks is particularly interesting...and it looks like Ford has the edge right now. That's one big reason why it's important to not be brand loyal, and choose the one that's making the best product (because that changes over time).

Latest posts

Top Bottom