Trucks.. Ford Chevy or RAM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a new(er) F150 too.

Something like this:

carphotos.cardomain.com_ride_images_1_1346_1281_3363140011_large.jpg

Downside is no nav or heated/cooled seats.

Upside is I'll pay total what some of you probably pay every 3-4 months.

...oh.... and I can work on it.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a new(er) F150 too.

Something like this:

carphotos.cardomain.com_ride_images_1_1346_1281_3363140011_large.jpg

Downside is no nav or heated/cooled seats.

Upside is I'll pay total what some of you probably pay every 3-4 months.

...oh.... and I can work on it.
I had a '94 regular cab, long bed with the 351. I put lower gears in front/rear diffs, locker in the rear, and good tires on it. Wow, that was such a great truck.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a '90 F150 4x4 super cab long bed now. But I want to get something shorter and with a manual transmission.

Mine's got the 5.0L autotragic. That is one thing that is Yugely© improved since then. Auto transmissions are at least tolerable now.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Truck_FrontLeft.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a GM guy all my life, but the new F-150s are very nice. They (alum ones) performed better in the crash tests than GM and Tundra which opened my eyes. That price tag though.....

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In high school I drove a 93 f150 ex cab and really liked it. Always thought I might end up with another one of these days but since I have other project vehicles I'll probably never get to one

Fast foreword to last month. The 2008 ex cab 4x4 I was driving got totaled. Hit so hard that the battery ( that was bolted in) came loose and flipped upside down in its tray. The girl that ran into me was in a 93 f150 ex cab and after pulling the bumper off the tire she got to drive it home. Those older trucks might not of been as save but they were tough as nails

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a '90 F150 4x4 super cab long bed now. But I want to get something shorter and with a manual transmission.

Mine's got the 5.0L autotragic. That is one thing that is Yugely© improved since then. Auto transmissions are at least tolerable now.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Truck_FrontLeft.jpg
The transmission in my '94 was great...E4OD (which is basically a C6 with overdrive). Does your's have a different one? However, the entire truck came to life when I lowered the diff. gears, and it eased transmission strain (or seemed to). It not only responded quicker in the expected ways, but also increased fuel milage. It could be that your's is underpowered partly because they stuck gears on those trucks that were too high.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've still got my dad's 90' f150, has the 300 6cyl and drive it about once a month. Like YG and NikatKimber stated, uhg on the tranny. It's got 180,000, engine runs like it did when he bought it, some days the transmission runs as it should, some days not. Rebuilding the transmission costs 3 times what the truck is worth lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom