Veterinary Pet Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I have been debating the pros and cons of Vet insurance for our Lab and if it is a good idea or not. Anyone with experience using pet insurance we sure would like to hear from you.

Keeifer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have VPI, never had to use it though. It costs me about $40 a month for my two small dogs. I had to pay almost $900 a couple of years ago for one of my dogs. If I had the insurance the bill would have been about $350.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have two dogs, both nearing three years old, and we spend about $300 a year on insurance for them combined. Each policy covers up to $8,000 with a $500 deductible. After the deductible is reached we get reimbursed up to that $8,000.

We use Go Pet Plan and it's customizable.

Sent from my Nook HD

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It kinda depends, if you have the discipline to put money away every month than it might work out in your favor instead of having the insurance. Since most people have trouble with remembering to do that the insurance helps a lot when something does happen.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I'd watch out for is exclusions - like sometimes for labs they'll just not include gastric foreign bodies in their coverage.

That is the one thing I worry about most with our Lab if it doesn't eat him first he will eat it, he can walk by a penny on the floor and pick it up without missing a step.

Latest posts

Top Bottom