Wanting to build an AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yarddog405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay so I'm new to building an AR. I've been wanting one for awhile now and the price I've been seeing is a lot so a friend told me about building one, I think it's something I could afford seeing as it's hard to come up with $1,200 or more for one all at once. Any help for building an AR?

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Research, research, research..... Palmetto State Armory has some good deals right now, as well as some of the sponsers on here.. Id sugest learning every part of the system, how they work, and why they do what they do. THEN....start looking online and see who has the best deals on said parts. I am currantly buying the stuff I need one piece at a time, as each payday comes around.

*Disclaimer* I am FAR from a build expert. Im just stating the route I am taking for my builds. Im doing a 300AAC pistol and a carbine M4 16"er.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the Midway USA website and look at available DVD's on AR assembly.
There are several to choose from.
I got one and it has been really helpful.
Should get you started and answer your questions.

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finished mine recentley. It was my first as well. It went really smooth no issues. Just don't rush and get parts you don't really want. Go talk to Fatboy tactical on memorial in bixby. They can help point you in the right direction once they know kinda what you are going for with your build. They have good prices as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom