We call him Medussa...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I'd take it out too. If it isn't just a goober problem and he's retarded or something you definitely don't want him bustin up some doe out there and making more retarded bucks.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd let him go at least another year to see what he becomes, google "cactus buck" and see what he might be in a year or two.

Even if he isn't sterile, he still most likely won't breed this year because he is so young.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just back to say I would shoot it. I would like to see some pics of other deer for size comparison. This deer look like it has a pretty good belly on it and a fat roll on the brisket. Kill it and have a biologist check it out to tell us who is right? Age and whats wrong.

Ram_Tough_Truck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd let him go at least another year to see what he becomes, google "cactus buck" and see what he might be in a year or two.

Even if he isn't sterile, he still most likely won't breed this year because he is so young.

I agree, looks like a "cactus buck" to me. Was just talking about this to another hunter this week about a buck he saw with a strange rack still in velvet he saw at Fort Gibson WMA last week.

Here is a "googled photo" of one

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3151_2983445950_f88b6208fd.jpg

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With that velvet still on and the age characteristics I would guess that its either a doe or castrated buck. (yes it happens in the wild, fences, predators ect)

The longer head makes me think it’s a doe. If I remember correctly antlered does and castrated bucks tend to not shed their antlers and stay in velvet year round.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are pictures of a young basket rack 10 at the same feeder for size comparison. I already deleted the doe pictures so I don't have a full sized deer to compare against until this weekend.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I think I'm gonna take the inbred, retarded, diseased, crossdressing, shemale, whatever the hell it is. Where can I find a wildlife biologist in the Stillwater area that can diagnose this freak?

Latest posts

Top Bottom