Weekend getaway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just the wife and I.

Eureka Springs may be your destination. The street performers are out now during the day and some at night. Some are REALLY good. In the evenings they have a pretty fair bar scene. If its still there, you have to go down some stairs off main to the door. Inside are about 5 or 6 small intimate bars with a band playing in each. Country in one, R&R in another, Blues in another, etc. One entry fee gets you into all of them.
Beaver lake minutes away with the White river below it. Trout fishing and/or floating for up to 12 mile trips.
Lots of trinket and art shops to look through during the day. Accommodations are very reasonable with a lot of private owned motels. As the evening wears on, the prices listed on the marquee's goes down.
We used to go there a lot, but like the trout fishing at Tanneycomo in Branson a lot better so that is why we go there now.

If your into Bed and Breakfast inns, Eureka Springs is the king of that.

Broken Bow area has some really nice hiking trails and cabins in the state park at Hanobia. Broken Bow lake, or the Lower mountain fork for trout.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quartz Mountain Resort here in Oklahoma and if you're a vet they have specials. Also if you have a week and are a veteran, you can go to afvclub.com and grab a cheap condo.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eureka Springs may be your destination. The street performers are out now during the day and some at night. Some are REALLY good. In the evenings they have a pretty fair bar scene. If its still there, you have to go down some stairs off main to the door. Inside are about 5 or 6 small intimate bars with a band playing in each. Country in one, R&R in another, Blues in another, etc. One entry fee gets you into all of them.
Beaver lake minutes away with the White river below it. Trout fishing and/or floating for up to 12 mile trips.
Lots of trinket and art shops to look through during the day. Accommodations are very reasonable with a lot of private owned motels. As the evening wears on, the prices listed on the marquee's goes down.
We used to go there a lot, but like the trout fishing at Tanneycomo in Branson a lot better so that is why we go there now.

If your into Bed and Breakfast inns, Eureka Springs is the king of that.

Broken Bow area has some really nice hiking trails and cabins in the state park at Hanobia. Broken Bow lake, or the Lower mountain fork for trout.

This would be a fun weekend.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking at the site. Which cabins have you tried?
I see it now, they changed the name. Treehouse Loft is the one we stayed in all 3 times. The first time we went is when I proposed to my wife so we always wanted to stay in that same cabin. It looks a little different now, they added a hot tub to the back patio and changed the furniture. That loft bedroom still looks the same with a hot tub next to the bed. I proposed in that hot tub. Thats a great cabin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom