Well, I'm fuming something fierce now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is we have enough scumbags of our own and do not need to let others into the country illegally. If nothing else the money spent on the illegals could be used for better jails and maybe even treatment for our problem cases.

I think you have a valid point.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JB that is my main problem with illegals. Our money should be spent to take care of US citizens and legal immigrants first and foremost. We have to many citizens without jobs, with poor healthcare, overcrowding in prisons, and many other problems and there is never enough money to go around. Our people should come first. Now getting rid of all the illegals would not solve the problems but I think it would help a lot.

I fully understand people wanting to make a better life for themselves and their families, but they need to do it the right way.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, I take exception to the term "mafia." That is nothing more than an ethnic slur against Italians. It is particularly offensive to Sicilians. Sicily has been conquered by every racial group and has a rich and varied culture. To trivialize such a noble history with caricatures is demeaning and racist.

I'm proud of you! I can see that you decided to stop throwing the race card. Even for Europeans.
:laugh6:

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB that is my main problem with illegals. Our money should be spent to take care of US citizens and legal immigrants first and foremost. We have to many citizens without jobs, with poor healthcare, overcrowding in prisons, and many other problems and there is never enough money to go around. Our people should come first. Now getting rid of all the illegals would not solve the problems but I think it would help a lot.

I fully understand people wanting to make a better life for themselves and their families, but they need to do it the right way.

It is a sickness of the Left, they always do what is not normal. As we struggle with lack of jobs and increasing debt, the Left is promoting illegal aliens and never ending schemes that send borrowed money overseas.
Woopi Goldberg named this kind of people "the upside down people", in a movie.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, I get the feeling that these people broke the law and shoulddn't be here. However, I think that is a naive view given the complexity of the issue. I am a pragmatist about the illegal alien problem. I believe:

1). They are here (and managed to get here) with the tacit approval of the US Government.

2). Business (and by this I mean typically Republican businessmen that are "pro-business," pro tort reform, and generally put profits before people) seems to want the labor of these people.

3). For a variety of reasons (logistical, financial, philosophic), the United States government is NEVER NEVER ever going to round up and deport millions of people. Despite the pronouncements of the super duper holier than thou closet racist pundits, it will NEVER EVER happen.

4). Because the problem has gone unchecked so long, there are millions of people caught in a gray area (ie. the US Citizen children and spouses of illegals). These people are just as American as anyone else. They have the same rights as any of us,

5). The only real solution is to 1). secure the border; 2). mainstream the non criminal aliens; and 3). create and implement a viable guest worker program.

6). Finally, you (we the people) never seemed to hear much about "the illegal alien problem" until a few years ago when some brilliant souless political strategist figured out it would be a wonderful way to keep working people's attention worked up about an imaginary enemy and off of the very real problems of jobs, education and health care. Simply put, it is the issue of cowards in that they attack the weakest, most powerless members of society by appealing to very base sentiments in the name of "the rule of law."

We need practical solutions, not rhetoric.

Nraman, no more than the BS of WMDs, etc. As for immigration, up until the Republicans began to alienate an entire ethnic group of people by embracing over the top, unreasonable positions on the issue, they were the chief proponents of change. Both Bushes and Reagan were pro immigration reform.

It is a sickness of the Left, they always do what is not normal..

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason that illegals do the jobs that "white people" won't is because the employers don't pay the money that the job is worth.
They work on the "lowest bidder".
The "lowest bidder" is the one that has the most illegals.

Your logic is flawed. Go into Wyoming, Montana, Idaho or Washington state and you'll see legal Americans doing these very jobs. And they aren't making much more then they would if they were in Oklahoma. It seems Okie business owners and contractors are only worried about lining their pockets and making an extra buck at the expense of us all.

As for people like JB Books, they will bring our country down and will be responsible for its fall. Instead of protecting these illegals they should encourage them to get back on the bus and go home.

Ghost

Marksman
Reaction score
6). Finally, you (we the people) never seemed to hear much about "the illegal alien problem" until a few years ago when some brilliant souless political strategist figured out it would be a wonderful way to keep working people's attention worked up about an imaginary enemy and off of the very real problems of jobs, education and health care. Simply put, it is the issue of cowards in that they attack the weakest, most powerless members of society by appealing to very base sentiments in the name of "the rule of law."

We need practical solutions, not rhetoric.

Are you saying illegal immigration is a government conspiracy? I must be worked up by the imaginary surenos 13. Weird how I never saw gang members on Shields Blvd. in 1999. I don't recall seeing signs in spanish back then either. Who was the brilliant souless politician who did all that?

Problem with jobs, education, health care and immigration go hand-in-hand. And I'm not cowardly or sentimental because I pay my federal and state taxes. I also pay for a drivers license, a tag, car insurance and health insurance.

Feel free to pay me minimum wage and call me weak and powerless if I don't have to pay taxes and get free health care. If I cause any legal problems I'll just get an I.D. with a new last name because I could give a **** about the rule of law.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

As for people like JB Books, they will bring our country down and will be responsible for its fall. Instead of protecting these illegals they should encourage them to get back on the bus and go home.

Wow. I didn't know I had so much power. Hmmmm back to my lair to contemplate my next act of world domination.

FYI, I don't protect illegals. If you really would read what I wrote, you would see that I ALWAYS start with securing the border first.

I just don't get the emotion tied to this issue and the unreasonable unwillingness to have any sort of moderate solution. Real Politick that's what we need.

And YJ, if I figure your age right, I think your generation set us on the course of narcissistic over indulgence. You all set the rules, I'm just playing your game.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does not have anything to do with race. They are here illegally. They are criminals. That is the ILLEGAL part. If we enforce the immigration laws to remove those immigrants who are here as a result of criminal activity we will be removing criminals from our society before they can commit more crimes. Does not matter if they illegally immigrated from Canada, Mexico, Norway or the Antarctic they are criminals here!

So you are saying that he must have been one of those "ILLEGAL" illegal immigrants.

I would like to illegally immigrate to somewhere, but, I cannot find any other countries that will just let me walk across their border and instantly give me a job and access to their healthcare system, public education system, welfare system and all other public services, give my children automatic citizenship and have numerous agencies and organizations to help make the transition to my new home as easy and stress free as possible......I can't stand countries that enforce their laws.... What a bunch of meanies!!! :finger:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom