Well, I'm fuming something fierce now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying illegal immigration is a government conspiracy? .

A conspiracy of negligence. Ghost, if you and I have a conversation on our cell phones and use certain words or phrases, the Gov. will know what we both had for breakfast. We have technology that can read the faces of our watches from miles above the earth. Do you really think the can't secure the border?

brazilianboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
extreme capitalism somewhat played a role inforcing ilegal imigration...
agree ?
More work for less cash are exactly what the ilegals are doing!
when you have a large demand for cheap labor the doors will remain open for illegals to come.

The very rich, that depend on cheap work force, don´t want illegals to stop coming... is just anti-economical.
Its like JB said; there are powerful interests on this topic and if the US really wanted to stop ilegal immigration, they would.
The same thing happen in places where the political leaders are elected by the large poor mass (example:Brazil)
the leaders want the MASS to remain poor and ignorant so they always can be elected.

PS: I am capitalist... just looking the system from a different view.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, I get the feeling that these people broke the law and shoulddn't be here. However, I think that is a naive view given the complexity of the issue. I am a pragmatist about the illegal alien problem. I believe:

1). They are here (and managed to get here) with the tacit approval of the US Government.

2). Business (and by this I mean typically Republican businessmen that are "pro-business," pro tort reform, and generally put profits before people) seems to want the labor of these people.

3). For a variety of reasons (logistical, financial, philosophic), the United States government is NEVER NEVER ever going to round up and deport millions of people. Despite the pronouncements of the super duper holier than thou closet racist pundits, it will NEVER EVER happen.

4). Because the problem has gone unchecked so long, there are millions of people caught in a gray area (ie. the US Citizen children and spouses of illegals). These people are just as American as anyone else. They have the same rights as any of us,

5). The only real solution is to 1). secure the border; 2). mainstream the non criminal aliens; and 3). create and implement a viable guest worker program.

6). Finally, you (we the people) never seemed to hear much about "the illegal alien problem" until a few years ago when some brilliant souless political strategist figured out it would be a wonderful way to keep working people's attention worked up about an imaginary enemy and off of the very real problems of jobs, education and health care. Simply put, it is the issue of cowards in that they attack the weakest, most powerless members of society by appealing to very base sentiments in the name of "the rule of law."

We need practical solutions, not rhetoric.

1) Agreed.

2) Sort of agree, but Democratic business people are just as bad as the Republicans on this one. You also forgot to mention the liberals who see them as a voting block.

3) Does not have to happen, Just enforce the laws on the books and they will leave on their own.

4) Part true. If you read the whole 14th (?) and not just the cherry picked paragraph it does not make the children of illegals citizens because the parents can not be tried for treason.

5) Mostly correct but you also need to stop the handouts and enforce the laws against hiring illegals. Otherwise you will just have another wave come in looking for the same thing.

6) Wrong. I have been hearing about the problem for as long as I can remember. Heck back when I was a teen working construction it was talked about all the time but back then they at least made an effort to enforce the laws. I watched many Border Patrol raids on the construction sites.

It has gotten louder the last several years because no one trust the government to fix it anymore. When Reagan signed the immigration reform bill it included workplace enforcement but that has slowly been ignored.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesiree bob, because a white scumbag rapist is somehow better than a black or brown scumbag rapist.

Most countries around the world you have no benefits being a citizen but here in the US the there's perks being a citizen and I resent those saying I should pay for anyone that isn't. Good old California is a perfect example of what happens when you have uncontrolled Immigration.

Seems you might just have a horse in this race.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#1 rapists & criminals in general are scumbag POS. I hope the lady is OK & the perp gets what is coming to him. We need to keep them out there are legal channels to come here
#2 yes if we kept illegal’s out this probably would not have happened, but we do have our own scumbags

Just to set the record straight on Canadians
I am one who immigrated & followed the letters of the law. I have adopted this country as my home & it has taken me in as one of here own. I am an American citizen.

AS far as the health care it is not free, you have 7% provincial sales tax, 8% national goods & services sales tax, federal Income tax 28% for me 13% provincial income tax. There are other taxes added on but I can't quit put them together at the moment but that was when I left in 1988
Health care is good if you want to wait for months, My mom waited 16 months to get into a eye surgent by the time she got there here retina had completely detached & lost the sight in 1 eye.

Had an uncle who needed a triple by pass waited 6 weeks in ICU before they could schedule him

So it is all not roses, & allot of there gun laws are crap. We I go back which is not often I hassle my neighbor, who I went to school with, He is a cop in Victoria & I ask what he is carrying , I usually have a smart remark, OH got 4 in that caliber, 2 for CCW's It's awesome to see his jaw drop

:soldiers:

I was sent this in an e-mail pics didint transfer but you can get the drift

SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY
YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET !!!
A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE,
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS, CREDIT CARDS,
SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTH CARE,
A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU
PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION !!!

IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom