Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i had a beautiful morning in the tree. didn't see anything but had a hawk land a few feet away and had a staring contest with him. so, lets see all the 2011-2012 deer starting now.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also blanked this morning. After my brother and I got out of our stand we spooked 3 small bucks and a doe. One of the little spikes was begging to get an arrow as he kept staring at us and walking side to side for prob 3 mins at about 30 yards.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen a 6 point and 2 does and 2 coons, plus a 'yote on the drive in, but nothing worth shootin, ran a few off when I went to my stand.

Dad seen 7, said a couple were good bucks but they were all out of range

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a couple does (300yds) and heard turkeys
Lots of geese flying over
Beautiful morning to be sitting in the woods.
From the tracks the deer were hanging around the trucks while we were in the woods.

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a glisining. Puddle of tray fluid below my huntin rig this mourning... Not very happy. Had mechanic put in a new torque converter on wed. New 16" rims and 245/75/16 maxis mudders on fri mourning. Fri afternoon had the torsion bars turned uP so the 16's wouldn't rub my 97' s-10 blazer fenderwells, and of coarse when the frontend guy tried to align it; my expensive huntin buggy needed a hub.... So to wake up and see more $ needing to v spent... I just went back to bed

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the tree right now. Just had a doe and fawn walk right under my stand. Then the feeder went off and scared the @&$ out of me! Havent got used to it this season yet! Happy hunting

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
didnt see any deer or yotes this morning, but seen 12 turkeys going crazy in the next field over about 400 yards away. i also had the **** scared out of me this morning by my feeder. first year ive had one set up. im chilling in the stand still fairly dark this morning when it went off and im pretty sure my heart skipped a beat or two when that thing started spinning. hahah.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had 4 walking in towards stand this morning. 2 good sized does, fawn and a four point. Had already decided before going out to take a doe unless a wall hanger presented itself. All four walking in towards food plot and towards the stand. Closest is about 50 yards when I hear what I think is a coon hound sounding off... It got closer and the deer flagged and took off. I see the deer beat feet after going through a strip of woods over my shoulder across field to another strip of woods about 150 yards away. About 5 seconds later I see the coonhound/bloodhound with his mongrel buddy trailing the deer and sure enough they too took off across the field. As you imagine I am really ticked off as I figure I was only about another 10 seconds away from having a shot.....

I get down from stand after a minute or two and look back to where the deer went in the woods and see one hot foot out of the woods into the field and away. Sure enough coonhound and buddy trailing them.

We have never seen these dogs around this lease before so hope this was a one time deal, but REALLY hope we don't have a new "neighbor" that has these dogs running loose....

Latest posts

Top Bottom