West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, last year after this happened someone from his family said he was getting out of jail soon on bail. Looks like that didn't happen. They also said that the 'NRA took his case".

The NRA does that? Was that true in this case?

(edited to add.....looks like they probably didn't, which is what I pretty much thought)

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kottka.jpg

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. 😳 That, most definitely, is a bold strategy. I'm not lawyer (but I have slept at a Holiday Inn Express) but I see quite a few problems with this on its surface. If I can see them, I'm pretty sure the DA is rubbing his hands together like Dick Dastardly.
I was trying to see what happened to the guy and came across that. I wondered why he didn't drive off like others suggested. I mean, he could've backed up I guess, but with traffic, not sure how smart that would've been. I mean, it sure would have been better than killing a guy and going to jail

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was trying to see what happened to the guy and came across that. I wondered why he didn't drive off like others suggested. I mean, he could've backed up I guess, but with traffic, not sure how smart that would've been. I mean, it sure would have been better than killing a guy and going to jail

Thing is, and I've slept since then so I might be misremembering, but I swear there is video footage of the Kottka walking BACK to the other guy's car. It was BEHIND him -- not in front of him. Wonder if that footage is still floating around ... BRB ...

Edit: Ehhhhh either all the news stations have scrubbed their reports or my Google-fu is weak. Probably both.

I also don't know if he asked for a jury trial or a judge's ruling. Might be too early yet. I'm really fuzzy on time frames without my chest sheet. And I didn't do that much criminal work anyway so I'm probably the least knowledgeable person on OSA about what's coming down the pike for this fella.

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thing is, and I've slept since then so I might be misremembering, but I swear there is video footage of the Kottka walking BACK to the other guy's car. It was BEHIND him -- not in front of him. Wonder if that footage is still floating around ... BRB ...
I tried posting the pdf file from January 25th. That is where there is witness statements.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The prosecution claims the victim drove past his home in fear,turned back onto the main road while Mark was aggressively pursuing. When he stopped at the stop sign/signal,mark jumped out and ran to his door.
When the victim stood up he shot. That’s their justification for the first degree charge
that's not what the witnesses say. Download the .pdf file from January 25, 2024. I can't get it to copy and paste.
https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=cleveland&number=CF-2023-1149&cmid=2442473

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so he asked to NOT have a jury trial. Interesting.

Also, his first marriage had some allegations of domestic violence on his part.

https://oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=cleveland&number=PO-1995-456&cmid=147271

I'm starting to see why he might not was a jury trial.

ETA: Based on the number of filings of this, that and the other during the course of that marriage I'm not sure if one or both of them is/was/were just a hot mess coming and going. Man, talk about a toxic relationship. 👀👀👀

Last edited:

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom