What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not actually today, but....

Had the electrician come out and look at the house. He is going to run a plug to the main junction box, thru the attic to the side of the house for connecting the generator to the house.

Then flip a switch, take the house off the grid, hook up the generator.

Won't be able to run the AC, but should be able to do everything else in moderation.

Only thing I need to see about is some type of signal that shows me when the main power is back on line.

Dave

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, good for you!! We are fixing to move pens around so the dogs will have a dedicated pen, along with the chickens and rabbits. Fixing a pen for the ducks and quail and red wigglers ... and need to figure out a good spot for the bee hive.

Trying to decide if my little orchard of dwarf fruit trees should get planted now or wait until this fall ... any ideas on that guys??

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

What kind of fruit trees?

Best to plant Nov. - Mar.

I have some peach, pear, plum, apple trees am transplanting this week. Wife has dwarf lemon, lime, orange trees that stay in pots to be moved inside for the winter, will move them back out around May 1st.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soaking some straw bales for 'mater bed..............traded for a few .22 rounds with fellow OSA'er....................bought a windup light/radio (cheap) for the storm cellar!

Latest posts

Top Bottom