What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I installed an IBC Tank (250 gallon poly tank in a metal cage) under one of the downspouts on the guttering at the back of the house. I installed a pump and switch, plumbed it with PEX to the back of wife's garden. Now, if we can only get some rain...

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I installed an IBC Tank (250 gallon poly tank in a metal cage) under one of the downspouts on the guttering at the back of the house. I installed a pump and switch, plumbed it with PEX to the back of wife's garden. Now, if we can only get some rain...

You got pics of your setup?

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran an extension cord from my solar powered shop to one of my freezers yesterday morning. This is a test to make sure that my solar system can keep at least on freezer going. This is going to be a pretty good test due to almost no sun today and partly cloudy tomorrow. I hope it can make it though the night.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran an extension cord from my solar powered shop to one of my freezers yesterday morning. This is a test to make sure that my solar system can keep at least on freezer going. This is going to be a pretty good test due to almost no sun today and partly cloudy tomorrow. I hope it can make it though the night.

how many watts is your system? bat bank size? ( not that I have the slightest clue on solar.. I'm curious )

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went into the storage closet to grab some BBQ sauce and realized that it was all gone.. NO WAy said I!.... so I did some search... nothing... checked the logs ( I keep an inventory list next to the door ).. I knew I needed to make some more but didn't think I would be out. Log says 5 pints left?????
asked the wife.. nothing
asked the step son... nothing
asked the step daughter.... "Ummmmm we had this cook out thingy and we needed... no I was told I had to bring YOUR sauce... so I took the 3 pints.. your always maken the stuff so I figured you had plenty"...
I am gonna have to have a sit down with the famn damily.. I am told that my oldest son took the other two!... ugh!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took about a cazillion cubic feet of leaves and ran them through the leaf blower/vacuum and condensed them into a small volume.
Put them over the fence to make the neighbors land more fertile.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how many watts is your system? bat bank size? ( not that I have the slightest clue on solar.. I'm curious )

I have 4 140 watt panels and 2 L-16 batteries. The batteries are 6 volt AGM batteries with 390 AH. I also have a good smart controller and a 2000 watt true sine wave inverter. I actually hooked it up Friday morning, not Saturday. Since we have not had much rain my panels had quite a bit of dirt on them. With a lot of overcast Saturday and being real cloudy and rainy today, I don't know if it will make it through the night without the inverter shutting down on low voltage. I hope I get some sun tomorrow so I can get some charge back into the batteries. Under ideal conditions I have seen over 500 watts going into the batteries.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IBC Resize.jpg
Here is the IBC setup. It is a 250 Gallon tank, I mounted a steel plate on the back left edge at the top to mount the pump and switch on. I plumbed it with PEX and ran a pipe with hose bib out to the center of the garden area for watering. It also has the adaptor I made for gravity feeding from the bottom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom